[NEohioPAL] Small-Press Startup Recruiting Freelance Designer and Artist

MSRG Publications msrg.indie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:15:30 PDT 2018

Hi.
Please read the posting thoroughly from beginning to end before replying.
Thank you.

*The Company*:

Mockery, Spit, Rocks & Garbage Publications, LLC

Trade name: MSRG Publications

*Proposed Product Line*:

*Atrocity Parade* magazine: A bimonthly print magazine containing
illustrated speculative fiction

*Versus*: Social-expression products

*Nervous Sidekick*: A print literary digest

*Current needs*:

Designer to lay out a prototype issue of *Atrocity Parade*

Stipend: $150.00

Artist to illustrate a cover for the *Atrocity Parade* prototype

Stipend: $75.00

Designer and/or artist to clean up and vectorize 1 hand-drawn logo and 1
wordmark

Stipend: $50.00

*Illustration motifs for Atrocity Parade magazine*:

Woodcut (17th Century to Renaissance-era styles).

Midcentury Sideshow Poster/Circus Banner (in the style of Fred Johnson,
Nieman Eisman, etc.).

Gothic-era Sketch (in the styles of Penny Dreadful, *National Police
Gazette *or a less cartoonish Edward Gorey).

The prototype cover will likely be in the Gothic-era Sketch motif.

*Non-negotiable*:

Doing what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it,
including but not limited to showing up to your interview, attending
scheduled meetings, and meeting or beating deadlines.

Reading the material you will be providing art and design for.

Upon hire, executing a (possibly notarized) nondisclosure agreement.

Upon hire, executing a (possibly notarized) contract that will detail your
engagement with

MSRG Publications and protect MSRG Publications’ intellectual property.

Meeting in person in Lakewood, Cleveland or the Westshore area during the
interview and production processes. This is not for candidates who wish to
work remotely or telecommute.

MSRG Publications is a bootstrapped startup.

The prototype issue of *Atrocity Parade* will be a promotional resource
that MSRG Publications will shop around to generate revenue from potential
advertisers and other funding sources.

We are homegrown out of Lakewood, Ohio and all about collaborating with
local talent. Our goal is to go into regular production with regular staff,
first with *Atrocity Parade*, then with *Versus *and *Nervous Sidekick*.
So, although these immediate positions are on a contract basis, we hope to
hire from the community of freelancers and independent contractors we team
with in these early stages of development and growth.

*To apply*:

E’mail Michael A. Miller, Publisher

msrg.indie at gmail.com

*Include*:

First name

Last name

Phone number

Résumé or CV, if any

Current address if it isn’t noted on your résumé

Link to your portfolio, social media, and/or website

A cover letter or note of 250 or fewer correctly spelled, grammatically
correct, and properly punctuated words that will leave me with an
impression of your best you as a person, an artist and business
professional.

Since we are putting out print product, a hardcopy portfolio would be a
bonus.

Once you are under consideration, we will be requesting the names and
current contact information for three references, preferably from among the
sources on your résumé.

Michael A. Miller, Publisher
Mockery, Spit, Rocks & Garbage Publications, LLC
dba MSRG Publications
msrg.indie at gmail.com

Twitter <https://twitter.com/MSRG_Pubz>
Tumblr <http://msrg-pubz.tumblr.com>