[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Benefit May 20!

keith kornajcik keithkorn at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:48:26 PDT 2018

 20 years ago, a group of CWRU students noticed Northeast Ohio’s lack of
“Shakespeare in the Park”, and so decided to do it themselves! Since those
early days performing on the campus of Case, to today’s traveling Festival
which plays in public spaces all over Northeast Ohio, CSF has performed for
over 40,000 audience members and been named one of the summer’s best art
events by both The Plain Dealer and Cleveland Scene.

While our productions are FREE to attend, they are NOT free to produce.
Costs include: truck rentals, rehearsal and office space, insurance,
stipends paid to our performers and production staff, set and costume
construction, and much more. We are fortunate to receive support grants
from foundations and agencies, but the bulk of our support comes from our
audience - whether through after-performance donations or by coming out to
our annual fundraiser.

This year’s fundraiser, PLAY ON! will be held Sunday, May 20 from 5-8 p.m.
at Speakeasy at Bier Market (1948 W. 25 st./Cleveland). Tickets are $25 per
person, and include various apps and gourmet pizza provided by the
Speakeasy. There will also be a cash-bar, auction and raffle items, and the
chance to hob-nob with your pals from CSF.

Tickets will be available at the door or online through our Eventbrite
page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/play-on-cleveland-shakespeare-
festival-fundraiser-tickets-44924639807?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_med
ium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text

If you cannot attend, but wish to make a donation, please visit: http://
www.cleveshakes.com/support-csf/support-csf/