[NEohioPAL] Latitudes Poetry Night--Akron

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:24:20 PDT 2018

*Latitudes Poetry Night:  Poetry Karaoke!*

*Wednesday, May 16 @ 7pm*
*Compass Coffee (647 E. Market St., Akron, OH  44304)*

This month, Latitudes will be celebrating our first birthday! That's right,
this baby is 1 year old, and that's all because you've been there with us
for the last 12 months, sharing your words, energy, and support.

To celebrate, we're bringing back our first community poetry activity--*Poetry
Karaoke!*

Bring a favorite poem written by someone else--a poem that inspires you,
moves you, makes you think--and we'll put all the poems in a hat, from
which everyone participating in karaoke will draw a poem at random to read.

If you need ideas, browse the poem galleries at Rattle.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FRattle.com%2F&h=ATP_0j876tv5yHt6joggCCudFJD7LzoxWA-B3PyiKsjRjl-AkDZ_Swv1NdwjH0zDsPa4cMBTYFc4nPnFQIzRn3VCNL6Bb6OP0IreXQhuo_X7CNEezxld5I4gDiqlYc8zbQ&s=1>
or Poets.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FPoets.org%2F&h=ATN65GXEbvIwwR8BlseaR2ewlcKdxoM-Dvl-I0yJcfqFHMcLPtGGVelWI6Bu5ljex3B1CDSqRM1AR4VV88-TSpQyinM5itYTqXXvuUR1ndN3hUyb1CSdgW2I7hU8AKVLLw&s=1>

And of course, don't forget to bring a piece or two of your own to read
during the open mic round!

tmgottl at gmail.com