[NEohioPAL] LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW: 'Memphis' Rocks and Rolls and Kicks Up Its Heels at Cain Park's Alma Theater

Cleve Land inthelandofcleve at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 18:20:10 PDT 2018

*LAND OF CLEVE REVIEW: 'Memphis' Rocks and Rolls *
*and Kicks Up Its Heels *
*at Cain Park's Alma Theater*

What's the best way to celebrate this summer in Cleveland? Head to *Memphis*
!

When we say head to *Memphis*, we don't mean you have to travel all the way
to Tennessee -- although that would make for a fun road trip. No, we mean
head to *Memphis the Musical, *which is currently rockin' and rollin' and
kickin' up its heels at Cain Park's Alma Theater.

*Memphis* is the perfect show to play in Cain Park's outdoor venue, and it
is perfectly directed by Joanna May Cullinan, who keeps the action moving,
the intensity building, and the energy levels rising throught the two-act
musical. Cullinan's sassy, seductive staging is complemented by Jordan
Cooper's spirited musical direction and Leilani Barrett's lively
choreography.

The committed, courageous cast expertly handles both the challenging score
and controversial themes that the show presents. The company is led by
Douglas F. Bailey II and Nicole Sumlin, who portray the central couple with
just the right amount of flirtation and hesitation. Together they are
a talented twosome that hits all the right notes, musically and
emotionally...

*READ THE FULL REVIEW:*

*http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2018/06/cleve-review-memphis-rocks-and-rolls.html
<http://inthelandofcleve.blogspot.com/2018/06/cleve-review-memphis-rocks-and-rolls.html>*