[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE: SHUFFLE ALONG

Casting Casting at karamuhouse.org
Tue Jul 10 08:35:37 PDT 2018

KARAMU HOUSE AUDITIONS

Seeking non-Equity African-American male vocalist who can dance

for a new musical theatre concert entitled

THE IMPACT OF SHUFFLE ALONG

Hosted by BILL RUDMAN and TONY SIAS

Coproduced by KARAMU HOUSE + THE MUSICAL THEATRE PROJECT

TUESDAY, JULY 10, 2018
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM

KARAMU HOUSE
2355 E. 89th Street
Cleveland, OH 44106

APPOINTMENTS
For an appointment, please submit the following materials information to casting at karamuhouse.org<mailto:casting at karamuhouse.org>:
• a current headshot and up-to-date resume with accurate contact information
• your current status with Actors' Equity Association union (i.e. AEA/non-AEA)

If you are unable to attend the audition, please email your headshot and resume to casting at karamuhouse.org<mailto:casting at karamuhouse.org> along with a request to submit a video audition. Please make note of your union status when submitting.

ABOUT THE PLAY
It was one of the most significant musicals of the 20th century: a show written and performed entirely by African Americans; a show with exuberant songs by Eubie Blake and Noble Sissle (including the mega-hit "I'm Just Wild About Harry"); the show that brought the Harlem Renaissance to the musical stage; and the first show that allowed black theatergoers to watch from the orchestra after so many years of segregated seating. George Gershwin, Fanny Brice and other luminaries of white musical theater gathered at Shuffle Along to see what they could learn from its ragtime music and spirited dancing, and the answer was: a lot. Two years ago, writer and director George C. Wolfe created a Broadway musical about this 1921 trailblazer; now it's time for TMTP and Cleveland's historic Karamu House to take our turn with a new multi-media concert.

PREPARATION
Seeking a non-Equity African-American male vocalist (age range 35-50) who can dance.  Audition appointments are FIVE minutes long.  Please prepare ONE 20s jazz standard not to exceed THREE minutes.  Finally, please bring a copy of your headshot and resume (stapled together) to your audition time.

COMPENSATION
All actors receive compensation for their work in our productions.
There are no Equity contracts available for this production.

PRODUCTION DATES

Rehearsals:
Rehearsals will span from late November 2018 through February 2019.

Performances:
Thursday, February 7, 2019 | 8:00 PM
Friday, February 8, 2019 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, February 9, 2019 | 8:00 PM