[NEohioPAL] DANCECleveland Presents A.I.M At THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON'S E.J THOMAS HALL

Sarah Hricko sarah at dancecleveland.org
Tue Sep 18 13:53:57 PDT 2018

*DANCECleveland Presents*
*A.I.M*
*At THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON'S E.J THOMAS HALL*
*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6TH, 2018 7:30 PM*

Abraham.In.Motion will deliver a powerfully emotional performance when the
company makes their Akron, OH debut. Comprised of talented dancers with
varied backgrounds in contemporary, modern, hip hop, tap and more, A.I.M
performs works that range in movement style and tell stories that inspire
personal reflection about history, societal issues and how the two
intertwine. Born into hip-hop culture in the late '70s and raised with an
artistic upbringing including classical cello, piano, and the visual arts,
Kyle Abraham's work approaches movement as a way to deeply delve into
personal identity, race and social justice issues. Abraham plays with
sound, human behavior and the visual arts in choreographic collaborations
that come alive on stage, creating pieces that are described by many as
fresh and unique. He was the 2016 Doris Duke Artist Award recipient and
2015 City Center Choreographer in residence. A 2013 MacArthur Fellow, Kyle
Abraham was one of the youngest people to be named a MacArthur "genius".
Previous awards also include being named a 2012 USA Ford Fellow, a Creative
Capital grantee, and receiving a 2012 Jacob's Pillow Dance Award. In 2010,
Abraham received a prestigious Bessie Award for Outstanding Performance in
Dance for his work in The Radio Show and a Princess Grace Award for
Choreography in 2010. Presented in collaboration with The University of
Akron's Dance Program.

*Get Tickets: *
*https://www.dancecleveland.org/companies/aim
<https://www.dancecleveland.org/companies/aim>  *

*Use code: "DANCE" to buy one ticket and get one free! Tickets start as low
as $25. *

*Sarah Hricko*
Marketing Manager
DANCECleveland
13110 Shaker Square, Suite 106
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
p. 216-991-9000
f. 216-991-9001
sarah at dancecleveland.org <sdurham at dancecleveland.org>

*Subscription Packages On Sale Now for Our 2018-2019 Season of World-Class
Dance*, featuring performances by Pam Tanowitz Dance, Hubbard Street Dance
Chicago, Caleb Teicher & Company, Abraham.In.Motion, Ballet Hispanico,
Beijing Dance Theater, Vertigo Dance Company & Alvin Ailey American Dance
Theater! Visit www.dancecleveland.org for more information. *Like
DANCECleveland
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/DANCECleveland/143084909898?ref=ts> on
Facebook & follow us on Twitter! <https://twitter.com/DANCECleveland>*