[NEohioPAL] Madagascar The Musical for Kindergarten and 1st Grade

Rachel Zake rdzake at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 07:39:01 PST 2018

  Good Morning!! For our upcoming show, Playmakers Youth Theatre in Beachwood is doing somethingnew!!  We are opening up our traditional2nd-9th grade show to kids in kindergarten and 1stgrade!!  We will not hold auditions forthis age group, as we know that can be a little intimidating for a firstshow!!  Instead, we are offering theopportunity to join one of the casts (A or B, based on scheduling) as a Penguinin Madagascar the Musical and get the experience of being on stage with their friends(and make some new ones).  Being a partof a show like this helps kids boost their self-confidence, meet new kids, andwork as a team to create one awesome piece of theatre!   For this age group, we will have a modified rehearsalschedule.  Additionally, for those of youwith kids already involved with Playmakers, please be aware that for Madagascarwe will only have THREE performances per weekend (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday2pm).  We will not have the Sunday 7pmshow.  This show has a runtime ofapproximately 60 minutes with no intermission. We will have a dedicated Assistant Director for the K and 1stgrade group, so that they will feel comfortable and guided through the processbeyond what we normally provide through other Assistant Directors, MusicalDirector, Choreographer, and me.   Please see below for details and let me know if you have anyquestions.  If your child would have tomiss some rehearsals, that is ok!  Wewill get them caught up so that everyone feels confident to go on stage whenthe show comes!  To register, pleaseemail me with your child’s name and which cast he/she will be joining.  We will hold a parent meeting with allinformation on Sunday January 6, 2019.  Rehearsalsfor this group will be held together. They will split into casts for tech week and shows. Rehearsals:  Sundays2:30-3:30pm, Mondays 5-6pm Cast A Tech Week (approx. 1-1.5 hours/night. Please notethere will not be a Monday tech for this age group.):
   - Sunday March 3
   - Tuesday March 5
   - Wednesday March 6
Cast A Shows:
   - Thursday March 7 at  7pm
   - Saturday March 9 at 8pm
   - Sunday March 10 at 2pm
  Cast B Tech Week (approx. 1-1.5 hours/night.  Please note there will not be a Monday techfor this age group.):
   - Sunday March 3
   - Tuesday March 12
   - Wednesday March 13
Cast B Shows:
   - Thursday March 14 at 7pm
   - Saturday March 16 at 8pm
   - Sunday March 17 at 2pm
 Looking forward to having kindergarten and 1st graders join ouryear-round program!! RachelZakeDirector of Playmakers Youth TheatreDirector of The Francine and Benson Pilloff Family PerformingArts CampMandel Jewish Community Center of Cleveland26001 South Woodland RoadBeachwood, OH 44122phone: 216-831-0700 ext.1494rzake at mandeljcc.orgwww.mandeljcc.org