[NEohioPAL] Auditions: Boy and Girl needed, Age: teens to 20s

James Charpie jmcharpie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 10:08:16 PDT 2019

East Cleveland Theater is hosting auditions for “The Turn of the Screw”,
adapted by James L Seay, from Henry James’ novella of the same name.

*Director: Michael Lenzo*

Winner of three 2018 Broadway World Awards, including Best Director, Best
Scenic Design, and Best Sound Design.

*Synopsis:*

“The Turn of the Screw” revolves around a new American governess hired to
care for two American children in and old English estate.  Ghosts from the
past are not content with the status quo, but not everyone is ready to
acknowledge the ghosts.

*The Roles:*

(Ages listed are somewhat flexible.)

*Flora**: *Girl, teen to young looking 20s

Flora, an American, is young and pretty ... carefree.  She becomes fast
friends with the new governess, Ann, and is best friends with her brother
Miles.  She is not sure about knowing about the ghosts at the beginning of
the show, but eventually falls victim to them.  A medium size role.

*Miles**: *Boy, teen to young looking 20s

Miles, an American, is wise for his years.  An easy going, but troubled
young man, Miles knows more than he is willing to talk about.  He is
expelled from school for trying to convince others that the ghosts are real.
He is somewhat flirtatious with Ann, the new Governess.  A medium size role.

*Audition Dates:*

*Auditions are by appointment only.*

Saturday, April 6, from 5 to 7pm.

Sunday, April 7, from 11am to 1pm.

Only those roles listed are available. All ethnicities considered, and the
stated age ranges can be somewhat flexible. Auditioners should be prepared
to read from the script.  For an appointment, please call James Charpie,
330-416-1311, or email him at jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org.  Cannot
make those audition times ... let me know when you are available.

*Show Dates:*

Shows on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 9 shows total

Opening: Friday, May 03, 2019

Closing: Sunday, May 19, 2019

Friday and Saturday shows start at 8pm

Sunday shows start at 3pm

*Rehearsals:*

Rehearsals began the week of March 24, 2019. We have rehearsals Sundays
thru Wednesdays (4 days / week).  If you are concerned about dates and
timeframes, please contact us and tell us your limitations.

East Cleveland Theater is a community theater celebrating its 50th Season.  Our
actors, like most of our personnel, are unpaid volunteers.  We hope you
will join us as we entertain and challenge our audiences.  If you have
questions, please call James Charpie at 330-416-1311, or email me at
jcharpie at eastclevelandtheater.org.

East Cleveland Theater

14108 Euclid Avenue

East Cleveland, OH 44112