[NEohioPAL] Hollywood takedown "The Big Knife" at the Cinematheque!

Genevieve Schwartz gbschwartz at cia.edu
Mon May 6 13:04:08 PDT 2019

This film shows Saturday, May 11, at 5:00 pm at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque, 11610 Euclid Ave. Admission $12; CSU I.D. holders and those age 25 & under $9

Saturday, May 11, at 5:00 pm

Film Classics in 35mm!

Robert Aldrich 101

THE BIG KNIFE

USA, 1955, Robert Aldrich

A frustrated movie star (Jack Palance) incurs the wrath of a despotic studio head (Rod Steiger) when he refuses to renew his contract. Robert Aldrich's film version of Clifford Odets' takedown of Hollywood may be dated and overwrought but, according to Pauline Kael, "you can't take your eyes off it." Ida Lupino co-stars. 111 min. Special event pricing $12; members, CIA & CSU I.D. holders, and those age 25 & under $9. No passes, twofers, or radio winners.

https://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/film-schedule/2019/05/the-big-knife