[NEohioPAL] Futuristic sci-fi/martial arts feature film from local filmmaker

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Tue May 28 07:43:34 PDT 2019

For Immediate Release
May 21, 2019

Cleveland, OH – Award winning Cleveland filmmaker Johnny Wu has another
hit on his hands.  Wu’s latest film, Wu Xia 2 The Code, is a futuristic
sci-fi/martial arts feature film. Following the success of his martial
arts comedy musical film Innerself in early 2018, Wu tackled a more
complicated martial arts action film. Wu Xia 2 The Code combines science
fiction visuals with Hong Kong styled martial arts sequences
choreographed by many of the film’s actors including Wu himself.
The film tells the continued story of a group called the 5 Elements who
are caught between the FOUR11 and the monopoly tyrant MediCan
corporation in pursuit of a code that was developed to provide clean air
after pollution and radiation engulfed the planet.  Wu filmed in
Cleveland, Parma, Mentor and even ventured to Courtland, Ohio.  The late
fall filming yielded snowy backdrops.

The main lead, Ben Zgorecki, whom also helped choreographed two fight
scenes, and supporting talents are all well-versed martial artists that
worked together before on Wu Xia  – a martial arts tango, a short film,
free on Amazon, that was released 4 years ago.

“Actors trained for months with choreographed fight sequenced instructed
by our Fight Choreographer Keith Collins II” said Wu, “and due to the
limited time available, many of the actors brought their own martial
arts skills to help craft many fight sequences… Like a big family
teamwork, everyone helping to make this a reality… I think this movie
has over 100 cast and 50 crew to make it happen.”

Wu Xia 2 The Code’s current trailer and one of the bar fight scenes was
released in early 2019 and has garnered a lot of attention, including
being selected to be screened at the Action On Film MegaFest in Las
Vegas from July 25 to August 3rd. Legendary actor and stuntman Al Leong
along with other Hollywood stunt actors were impressed by the quality
that Cleveland can produce.

“I am excited to see this movie, the fight scene trailer for Wu Xia 2
The Code was super”, said Cleveland’s own stunt coordinator Richard Fike
Sr.  “Well done fight team. Super impressed with Johnny’s film making.”

Wu Xia 2 The Code will have a private VIP Screening on Friday, August 16
at 7:30pm at Atlas Cinemas Lakeshore 7 in Euclid, Ohio. The film will
include many locally made trailers include the first Wu Xia: A Martial
Arts Tango short film. Tickets are $10/each, seating is limited, and can
be purchased via the Atlas Cinemas’ website or via
https://wuxia2thecode.eventbrite.com

Visit the Wu Xia 2 The Code Facebook Page at
https://www.facebook.com/wuxia2thecode

About Johnny Wu
Johnny Wu is a well respect filmmaker and an outstanding community
leader who has been making movies since 1998. He runs a production
company for media and events. Wu co-founded the Cleveland Asian
Festival, is producer of the Cleveland Cultural Gardens’ One World Day
event and many other events in Cleveland and in Los Angeles. He serves
in many nonprofit organizations and has been inducted into several
Martial Arts Halls of Fame. You can find out more about Johnny’s company
at www.mdifilm.com.

About Wu Xia 2 The Code

Wu Xia 2 The Code stars Ben Zgorecki and Crystle Paynther, with a
supporting cast that includes Keith Collins II, Matt Kane, Jerry Sur,
Leland Leger, Lisa Wong and Wayne Wong. Synopsis: IN OUR future, one
simple breath could mean life or death. As we search for a solution,
pollution engulfs our world. If we don't find an answer fast, all living
things shall perish. We are the Five Elements; we strive to protect
humanity... Years ago, many warriors came to us seeking change, joined
our way of life. Right after, a Code was discovered that could save the
world and was injected into one of us. One of our clan's mate didn’t
survive. Now we must fight for our lives to bring the code - to the
world...or die trying. With the MediCan Research Corporation and The
FOUR 11 gang on our tails....We must protect the code....AT ALL COSTS.
Run time: 79mins.

Contact
Johnny Wu, johnny at mdifilm.com
1419 East 40th Street Cleveland, OH 44103
Office: 216.539.4634
www.mdifilm.com
###

--
-------------
Johnny Wu

Co-Founder
Cleveland Asian Festival
May 18-19, 2019
www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org

Producer (2015-2019)
73rd Cleveland Cultural Gardens’ One World Day
August 25, 2019, 11am - 6pm
www.clevelandculturalgardens.org

VP of Communications
OCA-Cleveland Chapter
“Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific Americans”
OCA Image TV- reaching over 200 million viewers each month
OCA AsiaTown Voice Radio – Sundays 7pm at 88.7FM or listen online at
www.ocagc.org/imagetv
OCA Interactive Kiosk - Interactive Tablet at several AsiaTown locations
promote AsiaTown.
www.ocagc.org

Administrator
Cleveland IndieClub
www.FaceBook.com/groups/ClevelandIndieclub

WKYC TV3 Community Advisory Board
City of Cleveland Community Affairs Board
St. Clair Superior Development Board Member
2013 Minority Business Entrepreneurs Award Recipient
Inducted into International Karate and Kickboxing Hall of Fame
Inducted into World Head of Family Sokeship Council
2014 Legendary Master of the World Head of Family Sokeship Council