[NEohioPAL] Readers for THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU AT CPT's DARK ROOM - JUNE 11TH

CRAIG WEBB burningriver at msn.com
Thu May 30 06:32:13 PDT 2019

We still need a few more Readers / Actors for a new adaptation of H. G. Wells' Island of Dr. Moreau - For 7:00pm Tuesday June 11th at Cleveland Public Theatre's DARK ROOM workshop at W. 64th and Detroit (the little church building) -Plus one rehearsal to be announced.

SPECIFICALLY - We need a male & female ingenue, Lota & Edward Pendrake (the original "Edward Prendick" seeming a bit much) and some more extras for multiple roles.

This version uses "Double Casting" with the staff and patients of the Mental Asylum where the survivor, Edward Pendrake is incarcerated - acting out the hero's story of horror.  Everyone besides Pendrake plays at least two roles.

We are only allowed to do 10 pages of the script - but these "character shifts" will be evident in this segment!

No memorization is involved, but we will attempt limited movement, blocking, characterization and etc.  Further segments will be done on subsequent Dark Room Tuesdays if you wish to continue participating.

Contact Craig A. Webb at burningriver at msn.com<mailto:burningriver at msn.com> or 216-288-7151  Participants will receive $5 to donate to The Dark Room (or not) Free Beer and the opportunity to see and / or participate in other New Script presentations that night.

Since Early Years
Craig A. Webb
burningriver at msn.com<mailto:burningriver at msn.com>