[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Immersive Project Shadow of the Run

Shadow of the Run shadowoftherun at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 19:08:57 PDT 2019

 Shadow of the Run LLC will be holding auditions on June 9th from 3-8pm for
their inaugural production Shadow of the Run Chapter One: WanderLust.

WanderLust is an immersive theatre piece and prequel to Shadow of the Run,
a story about the Cleveland Torso Murders. Performances will be in the city
of Bedford.

Synopsis
Prosperity. Joy. Ambition. Regret. In a time where family was one’s true
north, with the Great Depression looming, a wave of discontent rushed over
the city. Ambition can lead to desperation; regret can lead to death. A
young girl is ready to leave home for the big city, despite strangling
words of caution from a family that can’t, or won’t understand her.

With a chance to find a brighter path…she finds him instead – the origin of
a heartbreaking legacy that will stain the city of Cleveland for years to
come.

Roles
We are looking for a mix of actors, actors who write and actors with strong
movement backgrounds. Interactions with guests will be partially scripted
but will also demand a keen improvisational spirit and quick thinking.
Similar to "Sleep No More" and "Then She Fell" in New York, Immersive
theatre is a highly designed experience giving the audience autonomy to be
involved in the story.

We are seeking 18 actors. We encourage performers of all ethnicities,
gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to
submit.

*Lady of the Lake *

*Mother  *

*Father   *

*Policeman *

*Lady Reporter *

*Apothecary *

*Doctor *

*Pastor *

*Groundskeeper/Printer *

* (2) Young Lady of the Lake (Lilly) *(THESE ROLES ARE CAST)

*Nanny *to *Lilly*

*(4-6) As Cast, TBD*

Rehearsal and Production Dates
Due to the nature of the performance, most actors will have limited
rehearsals over a three week period, followed by a week of tech and
previews prior to opening.

We have some flexibility for schedules during rehearsals which will be held
weekday evenings and weekends, but will need everyone present during Tech
through the run of the show. If you have conflicts during the below dates,
please do not submit at this time.
First rehearsal set for: June 25th
Tech / Previews: July 18-23
Production Dates: July  25-28, August 1, 3-4.

Compensation
Actors will receive a $250 stipend for their work.

Audition Details
We are waiting on a response from Actors' Equity as to member involvement.
Members are encouraged to schedule an audition, and casting decisions will
be made pending a response from the Union.
*Auditions: *June 9th, 3-8pm - Auditions will be held in 5 minute blocks.
For first round auditions we're asking actors to bring a 60-90 second
monologue in the style of Miller, Williams, Hellman, etc...

This can be an original work you create based on a character listed above
(acknowledging we've given little to go on, so use your imagination!), or a
pre-existing monologue.We are open to interpretation and want to see a
reflection of how you create within the given circumstances of 1930's
Cleveland.

*Callbacks:*
June 12th, 6-10pm Callbacks will include homework - creating a 60-90 second
piece based on information we provide, and potentially scene work from the
script. Sides will be provided upon confirmation of a callback.
There will be a small movement call scheduled during callbacks as well for
those with movement backgrounds. You will be given a character and some
suggestions of themes and topics, possibly some text, and you will create a
short movement piece as your callback. More details to follow.

To submit for an audition please email a headshot and resume to
shadowoftherun at gmail.com
Please note if you have a writing or movement/dance background.
Audition location and details will be delivered once scheduled.