[NEohioPAL] Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers in "TOP HAT" in 35mm at the Cinematheque! Bill Rudman of The Musical Theater Project introduces

Genevieve Schwartz gbschwartz at cia.edu
Thu Aug 29 12:44:42 PDT 2019

FYI, this film shows next month at the Cleveland Institute of Art Cinematheque, 11610 Euclid Ave. Admission $15; CSU I.D. holders and those age 25 & under $10.

Sunday, September 22, at 3:30 pm

Film Classics in 35mm!

Bill Rudman introduces

TOP HAT

USA, 1935, Mark Sandrich

Often cited as the best of the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers musicals, this dance classic features a mistaken-identity plot, a lovely Irving Berlin score ("Cheek to Cheek," et al.), and stunning Art Deco sets. Edward Everett Horton, Eric Blore, and Lucille Ball co-star. The film is co-presented by The Musical Theater Project and will be introduced starting at 3:30 by TMTP Artistic Director Bill Rudman and Cinematheque Director John Ewing. Both will also lead a post-film discussion. 101 min. Special event pricing $15; Cinematheque & TMTP members, CIA & CSU I.D. holders, and those age 25 & under $10; no passes, twofers, or radio winners.

https://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/film-schedule/2019/09/top-hat

Thank you,
Genevieve Schwartz
Cinematheque Assistant Director