[NEohioPAL] A Cappella & Ensembles at Beck - Sign up now!

Jessica Firing jfiring at beckcenter.org
Tue Sep 3 11:02:23 PDT 2019

BECK CENTER FOR THE ARTS
MUSIC ENSEMBLES start THIS week - Sign up now!

Learn the fun of playing & singing with others! No audition is necessary for our instruction-led small groups for ages 11-25 at Beck Center. This Fall we are offering: A Cappella Singing, Jazz Combo, and String Ensembles. Strengthen your listening skills, musicianship, and confidence for your school band, orchestra, choir, or jazz band. Perform on our recital hall stage, and become the best musician you can be - all at Beck!

A Cappella Ensemble
Ages 13-19
Saturdays 11:00am-12:30pm
9/7/19 - 12/14/19
Beck Center for the Arts is thrilled to announce the formation of its first Pop A Cappella Group! Join us every week starting Sept 7th to work on aca-fabulous arrangements from a cappella master Deke Sharon of GLEE and Pitch Perfect fame and others as well as original arrangements of popular tunes we create together under the directorship of Beck Vocal Faculty member, Tess Snyder. No audition is necessary, but you must be a strong musician and able to sing your part independently. There will be many opportunities for solos and leads, with all participants expected to sing ensemble as well. The Aca-Becksters will perform in concert at Beck Center and at other venues in the area. Don't miss this ACA-FUN, ACA-TASTIC opportunity to make great music!
Sign up now<https://apm.activecommunities.com/beckcenter/Activity_Search/a-cappella-ensemble-sat-11am-ages-13-19/7243>

Jazz Combo
Ages 11-18
Wednesdays 4:30-5:30pm
9/3/19 - 12/11/19
Jazz starts out fun and engaging here at Beck under the guidance of saxophone faculty member, Dan Wenninger! Students do not need experience playing jazz, but do need some experience on their instrument. Instrumentalists needed: melody instruments such as saxophone, clarinet, violin, or trumpet, and rhythm instruments of guitar, bass, and piano. Other brass, wind, and string instruments also welcome.
Sign up now<https://apm.activecommunities.com/beckcenter/Activity_Search/jazz-combo-wed-4-30-pm-ages-11-18/7161>

Musical Theater Classics
Ages 16-25
Tuesdays 6:00-7:30pm
9/10/19 - 12/10/19
This vocal intensive explores small ensemble pieces from classic and contemporary musical theater and light opera. Students may work on pieces from shows such as Sweeney Todd, Sound of Music, Phantom of the Opera, Showboat, and more. Instruction-led small groups will be assembled with 2-4 singers each. Students will gain practical knowledge in performing and preparing for auditions. Prior vocal study in either a voice/musical theater class, choir, or private lessons is required. All vocal ranges welcome.
Sign up now<https://apm.activecommunities.com/beckcenter/Activity_Search/musical-theater-classics-tue-6-pm-ages-16-25/7150>

Small Ensemble: Strings
Ages 11-18
Wednesdays 7:15-8:15pm
9/4/19 - 12/11/19
String chamber groups of 2-6 musicians each are assembled and led by cello faculty member and chamber coach, Robert Nicholson. No audition is necessary, but prior experience on your instrument is needed. All string instruments are welcome: violin, viola, cello, bass. Every student will play an independent part, so please note that attendance in each class is essential for the success of the whole group. These ensembles focus on classical music, but different musical genres may be explored based on student interests.
Sign up now<https://apm.activecommunities.com/beckcenter/Activity_Search/small-ensemble-strings-wed-7-15pm-ages-11-18/7162>

We can't wait to see you in class this Fall at Beck Center. More than 200+ classes begin September 4th in Dance, Theater, Music, Visual Arts, and Creative Arts Therapies. For more information and to register online visit www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> or call 216.521.2540 x10.

Jessica Firing
Assistant Director of Education
Pronouns: she/her/hers
[Screen shot 2012-08-06 at 6.45.20 AM.png]
jfiring at beckcenter.org<mailto:jfiring at beckcenter.org>
beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org/>       |   216.521.2540 x37

[FacebookLogoEmail]<https://www.facebook.com/beckcenter/?fref=ts>[TwitterLogoEmail]<https://twitter.com/BeckCenter>[InstaLogoEmail]<https://www.instagram.com/beckcenter/>

THEATER   |   EDUCATION   |   EXHIBITIONS   |   OUTREACH

See a show! Take a class! Enjoy an art exhibition! There's something for everyone at Beck Center!