[NEohioPAL] Chekhov/Lecoq Clown Workshop & Chekhov Foundation Class from Michael Chekhov Center: Register Now!

Ray Caspio - Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland michaelchekhovcenter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:01:25 PDT 2019

Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland is committed to the art of the actor
through explorations of the psychophysical processes illuminated by Michael
Chekhov. Through educational offerings for artists and performances within
the community, we explore what it means when the actor is the theatre.
Explore with us this fall through two class offerings.

*info & registration for both classes
athttp://www.raycaspio.com/michael-chekhov-center-cleveland-classes
<http://www.raycaspio.com/michael-chekhov-center-cleveland-classes>*

*RED NOSE ENCOUNTERSSept. 14 & 15*
*WHAT ARE WE EXPLORING?*
We will explore that magical, curious state of the clown through the
playful power of the red nose, which awakens your individual state of
authentic play. In this two-day, twelve-hour experience, you will be
brought to an encounter with your personal clown through the psychophysical
principles of the Michael Chekhov Technique, led by Ray Caspio, and the
movement-based approach of Jacques Lecoq, led by Cathleen O’Malley.

*WHEN DO WE EXPLORE?*
Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15
10am-5pm each day, with a break from 1pm-2pm.
You must be available both days to participate.

*WHERE DO WE EXPLORE?*
Idea Center at Playhouse Square
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115

*WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?*$100.00.
*This low rate is possible thanks to the support of the LAUNCH performance
creation residency program of the Community Engagement & Education
Department at Playhouse Square, Cleveland, Ohio.*

*WHERE CAN I FIND ALL THE DETAILS & REGISTER?*
http://www.raycaspio.com/michael-chekhov-center-cleveland-classes/clown

*I’M AN LGBTQ ARTIST AND WANT TO JOIN YOU, BUT FIND MYSELF NEEDING
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. CAN YOU HELP?*
Absolutely! MC3 is a safe space for you to explore and work. If you’re
interested in any of our class offerings and find yourself in extreme need
of financial assistance, please open a discussion by e-mailing Ray Caspio
(me!) at michaelchekhovcenter (at) gmail (dot) com detailing your situation
and proposed need, and we’ll find a solution together! I’ve been there. I
get it. And I want to make sure this technique is accessible to you. *Thanks
to Playhouse Square’s LAUNCH performance creation residency program, we are
able to offer one full-ride scholarship to Red Nose Encounters to a
qualifying artist. All other applicants will be considered for a sliding
scale scholarship. This offer is for LGBTQ-identifying artists only and
must be received for consideration by September 1st.*

*MICHAEL CHEKHOV TECHNIQUE : FOUNDATION*
*Oct. 6-Nov. 24, Sunday Nights*
*WHAT ARE WE EXPLORING?*
In this eight week, 18 hour offering, you will penetrate the fundamental
principles of Michael Chekhov’s psychophysical approach to performance to
deepen the sensitivity and imaginative interplay of your body and
psychology in the present moment. Improvisational solo and ensemble
sessions will cover principles such as creative concentration, imagination,
The Four Brothers, Qualities of Movement, Imaginary Centers, Imaginary
Body, Atmosphere, Space, Expanding & Contracting, and Psychological
Gesture. This foundational offering is an excellent opportunity to
introduce yourself to the Chekhov work or deepen your understanding of the
work as a practitioner.

*WHEN DO WE EXPLORE?*
Sundays: October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24
6:30-8:45pm

*WHERE DO WE EXPLORE?*
Art On Madison
14203 Madison Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107

*WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?*
$185.00 if paid in full at time of registration.
Or, two installment payments of $95.00. Installment 1 is due at
registration. Installment 2 is due through online payment, check, or money
order by start of class, October 20th.
This discounted rate is made possible by the generosity of Art On Madison.

*WHERE CAN I FIND ALL THE DETAILS & REGISTER?*
http://www.raycaspio.com/michael-chekhov-center-cleveland-classes/foundation

*I’M AN LGBTQ ARTIST AND WANT TO JOIN YOU, BUT FIND MYSELF NEEDING
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. CAN YOU HELP?*
Absolutely! MC3 is a safe space for you to explore and work. If you’re
interested in any of our class offerings and find yourself in extreme need
of financial assistance, please open a discussion by e-mailing Ray Caspio
(me!) at michaelchekhovcenter (at) gmail (dot) com detailing your situation
and proposed need, and we’ll find a solution together! I’ve been there. I
get it. And I want to make sure this technique is accessible to you. *This
offer is for LGBTQ-identifying artists only and must be received for
consideration by September 20th.*

*QUESTIONS?*
Contact Ray Caspio
Founder & Artistic Director, Michael Chekhov Center Cleveland
michaelchekhovcenter [at] gmail [dot] com