[NEohioPAL] Auditions for MGP’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Deeamcoat

Douglas Bailey douglasfbaileyii at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:03:00 PDT 2019

Director: Sarah Lynne Bailey
Music Director: Nina Fisher
Orchestral Director: Ian Atwood
Choreographer: Nicci Cassara Billington
Costume Designer: Amy Lence
Stage Manager: BJ Colangelo

WHEN: September 16th and 17th 7-10 PM (first come, first seen)
*If you are unable to attend auditions, video auditions may be submitted to auditions at mightygoliath.com *

Mighty Goliath Productions is an open and affirming community experience. Auditions are not required for anyone wishing to participate as part of the ensemble.

WHERE:
Avon Lake High School
Choir Room

WHAT TO PREPARE: 16-32 bars of a musical theatre piece and a 30-second story. Bring sheet music in your key and an accompanist will be provided. No a Capella please.

CALLBACKS: By invitation only September 18th 7-10 PM

SHOW SPECIFICS: All roles will be filled using Gender-Blind casting. The role of the Narrator will be played by multiple actors.

It is the director's goal to engage a large and diverse cast in this family friendly classic. All races, creeds, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and body types are encouraged to audition and will be considered for all roles when casting.

There are no AEA Contracts available for this production.

PERFORMANCES: February 7, 8, 9, 14 and 15 at the Avon Lake High School PAC

REHEARSALS: Friday nights from 7-10 PM beginning October 18th at Avon Lake High School MGP rehearses the entire cast once per week on Friday evenings until tech week in February. Principals may be asked to rehearse an additional day each week.

QUESTIONS: email auditions at mightygoliath.com

ABOUT THE SHOW:
Let us tell you a story...

Join Mighty Goliath Productions as we embark on a storytelling journey bringing to life Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat as you’ve never seen it before. Told with a variety of musical styles, Joseph breathes new life into the Biblical legend about a big dreamer who is misunderstood by his 11 brothers. Fueled by jealousy, they sell him into a fatal future expecting to never see him again, but often life takes turns we never could have imagined.

Joseph reminds us that despite obstacles and naysayers, we all need to pursue our dreams; and MGP is here to reinforce that “Any Dream Will Do”.

For a full synopsis, visit:
https://themusicalcompany.com/show/joseph/full-synopsis/

For Character Breakdown, visit:
www.mightygoliath.com/joseph-character-breakdown

Mighty Goliath Productions is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit fundraising organization that benefits the performing arts of Avon Lake City Schools. Our impact enriches the cultural life of the community. We focus our unique ability to provide a professional, fun, philanthropic theatrical experience for our volunteers and audiences alike.