[NEohioPAL] Get Hep Swing hosts concert and SWING DANCE WITH FREE DANCE LESSON at The Lithuanian Club in Euclid on Saturday, September 28th - ONLY $5 FOR FIRST TIMERS!

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Tue Sep 24 09:18:53 PDT 2019

What? Get Hep Swing dance at the Lithuanian Club with dance lessons and music!

When? Saturday, September 29th

Where? The Lithuanian Club, 877 E. 185th Street.

Dance lessons? Yes. There is a complimentary* jitterbug lesson from 8pm-9pm *with purchase of entrance to the social dance

Is there a DJ or a band? There will be a DJ and a band. Columbus based band, Whirlybirds, play an amalgamation New Orleans-style Dixieland and pre-WWII era jazz while still incorporating modern elements of jazz, pop, soul, funk. The result is unique arrangements of original music (as well as standards/covers) designed to engage and entertain the audience in a high-energy, live show.

Who can attend? Everyone is welcome.

Do I need previous dance experience? No

Do I need a partner? No, we rotate dance partners during the lesson. If you prefer not to rotate during the lesson please help direct the other dancers past you each time we rotate.

What do I wear? Wear comfy shoes that allow you to pivot and turn easily. Wear clothing that makes you feel good about yourself. It is normal to get a little warm and sweaty while you are dancing. Please dress accordingly and perhaps bring a small towel and/or an extra shirt to change into.

What is the cost? $12 per person. $5 for Get Hep Swing first timers.

We welcome anyone to join us who has an interest in dance, music, socializing and fun. We don't care what your physical ability or size is, where you are in life, where you are on the spectrum of sexual or gender orientation, what color or creed, or non-creed, you are. Are you a man who wants to learn how to follow or a woman who wants to learn how to lead? That's cool! This idea is not new to the swing dance scene. We are the easiest club to join. If you have an interest, you are in. :)

We love spreading the gospel of swing dancing and we are excited to share the language and culture of this truly American, urban folk dance form with you. It is important for us to let you know that this dance style started in the African-American ballrooms of Harlem, New York in the late 1920s/early 1930s. This dance has a gritty earthiness that is incredibly empowering, beautiful, and joyful. We can't wait for you to experience this conversation of dance with us.

We make learning to partner dance easy and enjoyable. Please join us the second Friday of every month at the Lakewood Masonic Temple and the last Saturday of every month in the East side. (East side locations are in flux right now. Please keep an eye on our Get Hep calendar and Facebook page.) We are hoping to have our September dance at the Lithuanian Club.

Please see www.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, classes, private lessons, school programs, performances and special topic workshops.

For more info, please email Valerie Salstrom; the owner of Get Hep Swing, at info at gethepswing.com