[NEohioPAL] URGENT Call for Costume/makeup prosthetic designers

Mary L. Davis marydavis at usa.net
Wed Oct 9 07:10:27 PDT 2019

Due to my recent diagnosis of congestive heart failure I am supposed to wear
an external defibrillator Life Vest. It's current design is like a backwards
bra with a narrow belt bottom to space the receiving electrodes. The back
panel with the defib pads is fine.

Think of a heavy outer fabric to stabilize the belt and help the electrodes
maintain their contact with the skin. Perhaps corset bones to hold the belt
straighter. The Zoll rep is on her way over to run me through the training
again but I don't think that's my problem. It's a design flaw - half of the
flaw is my body shape and half of the flaw is the way the material will wear
on my body. Elastics would most likely just roll like it does now. Perhaps
spirit gum or latex adhesive used for makeup prosthetics could help me?
Perhaps some sort of corset bone? Some sort of suspender system to hold it
down?

They have engineers working on the product but their focus is the electrical
operation. This might seem merely cosmetic but it absolutely affects the
functionality of the product. I think someone can come up with a design
solution, possible patent it and then sell it to them for a profit and end up
saving lives in the long run, maybe even mine!

It's called the Zoll Life Vest. Check it out online and let's talk!

Mary Davis