[NEohioPAL] Poetry Night in Akron

Theresa Gottl Brightman tmgottl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:31:18 PST 2019

*Latitudes Poetry Night*
*Featuring Shaneen Harris*

*Wednesday, November 20 - 7pm*
*Compass Coffee (in the basement of The Well)*
*647 E. Market Street, Akron 44304*

Latitudes Poetry Night will be hosting Shaneen Harris for our November
reading!

Shaneen is a graduate of the Sierra Nevada College MFA Program, and
Electrical Engineering programs from Northwestern University(BSEE) and Case
Western Reserve University(MSEE). She’s done bodybuilding, designed slurry
control systems, taught, programmed, and many other things. But the one
constant has been writing. She created her first book at the age of nine:
Mystery Solving Ann and the Case of the Missing Birthday Cake. Currently,
Shaneen has a poetry audio compilation: Simply Complex and two
self-published works: Reflections if My Thoughts: I Used do Believe in
Unicorns...and I Still Do and Because God Said See. Her poems have appeared
in Rattle, Rubbertop Review, Crab Orchard Review Cha Ching: The Money
Series, Watershed Review and Postcard Poems and Prose literary magazines.
Her poem “Clergy Woman eats Her Shadow” was also a finalist for the
Wolverine Farm Broadside Poetry Prize. Shaneen is married and a mother of
three.

Following Shaneen's feature, we will also be holding an open mic.  Please
keep your open mic reading to 3 minutes or less to allow time for everyone
to read.

Latitudes takes place on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.