[NEohioPAL] Is your NY resolution to hire more bass players????

Brian Del Bianco ilbasso at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:32:03 PST 2020

If so, sit down, because I have some awesome news for you....

I'm a bassist and I just happen to be looking for work!  I was on here several years ago but have been out of the area off and on and haven't been able to really dig in and look for theater gigs.  I'm back in the Akron area full time and and ready to rumble.

I have worked a ton of pits ranging from community theater to pro opera companies and would love to get back into it.  I am willing to consider any paying opportunities, not just theater.  If you have a church that needs some low end, a choir that is going to have a pick-up orchestra, a recording session...whatever it is, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  I LOVE subbing in pits.  There is something about the rush of flying by the seat of your pants and sight reading the gig.

I am fluent in reading 2.5 clefs (before you ask, tenor is the .5) and can get through jazz gigs, but it isn't in my comfort zone unless the parts are written out, then I love it.  I am available on upright and electric bass and have more amplifiers than I technically "need".  Help me justify this gear!

Give a holler if you may be in the market for a bass player.  Sorry, but I do not volunteer my bass playing.  I've been through 2 different music degrees and have been playing in the same pro orchestras for 19 seasons (plus others before that).  I am reliable and punctual and understand the nuances of following conductors and listening to the stage and knowing when to go with which one.

I'm glad to be back in the area full time and am looking forward to having an arts scene once again.

Brian