[NEohioPAL] Teens: Auditions for The Laramie Project

Nina Fisher fisher.nina.rose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:06:35 PDT 2020

WHAT: Auditions for The Laramie Project directed by Amber Michalak
WHO: Teenagers 13-18
WHERE: MAD* on Broadway, 2655 Broadway Ave Lorain
WHEN: Tuesday March 10th -or- Wednesday March 11th, 6-9pm.
DETAILS: No preparation needed, We will do cold readings from the script.
Plan to stay the whole time but we will end early if possible.  Callbacks
if necessary will be March 16th.  Rehearsals will be Wednesday nights and
Sunday afternoons.  $25 fee if cast.

SYNOPSIS: In October 1998, a 21 year old student was kidnapped, beaten, and
left tied to a fence in the middle of the prairie outside Laramie,
Wyoming.  He died in a local hospital several days later.  His name was
Matthew Shepard, and he was the victim of this assault because he was gay.
Moises Kaufman and members of the Tectonic Theater Project made 6 trips to
Laramie to conduct more than 200 interviews with the people of the town and
then constructed this deeply moving theatrical experience.  The Laramie
Project is a breathtaking collage that explores the depths to which humans
can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.