[NEohioPAL] Celebrate Pi Day at the Nerd Swing Dance this Friday, March 13th at the Lakewood Masonic Temple

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Mon Mar 9 07:46:23 PDT 2020

Nerds Unite at the Lakewood Masonic Temple Swing Dance on Friday, March 13th! (15300 Detroit Avenue)

Come and celebrate 3.14 with us and help support The Cleveland Junior Jitterbugs' swing dance program through our bake sale. We are looking for people to donate pies, cakes, or anything baked and we are also looking for volunteers to sell these yummy treats.

At our annual Pi dance, we celebrate our geeky, nerdiness openly!  Wanna dress like a Tardis? That's cool! Want to dress like a band geek? That's awesome too!

The cost of this dance is $15 per person. You may pay at the door or online via Eventbrite. Eventbrite does charge a small service fee. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/celebrate-pi-day-with-us-at-the-nerd-swing-dance-on-313-tickets-96028009361

Be sure to arrive in time to take part in the beginner-friendly jitterbug lesson from 8 pm to 9 pm with the swing dance geeks from Get Hep Swing! Learn how partnered swing dancing works! It's science! There is no need to have previous dance experience or to bring a dance partner. We rotate partners during the lesson. What a perfect activity for all of us introverts!

Immediately after the lesson (at 9 PM) Hepcat Revival will kick off an awesome night of music and swing dancing until 12 am. Be sure to pay attention to the songs that Hepcat plays. They have some special songs that fit our nerdy theme perfectly! When was the last time you danced to a jazzy version of the "Spiderman" theme song? Or to an original swing song about plate tectonics? It rocks!

Be sure to wear your geekiest, nerdiest attire as we will be having a costume contest during the first band break around 10 pm. One of our celebrity guest judges is Bri Hall the artist who drew our super cool graphic for the event. We have REALLY awesome prizes this year! Let your nerd flag fly and you may be rewarded!

Be sure to check out our bake sale. We are selling pie* as a fundraiser for our Cleveland Junior Jitterbugs' swing dance program.

One slice is $3, 2 slices for $5 and a whole pie is $12. Cash only.

If you would like to bake or buy and donate a pie to our cause, that would be terrific. Please contact Roxanne Ocasio via Facebook messenger and tell her what you are thinking of bringing and/or if you would like to volunteer to sell baked goods. We really appreciate the help.

*We define pie as anything yummy like cake, cookies, brownies, candy, quiche, pizza. Please prepackage your donated treats (except for pies) in $3 quantities. We trust your judgment as to what that may be."

The custom illustration for this event was drawn by the amazing Bri Hall from https://www.facebook.com/pg/cinnabelle.illustrations

Please email Get Hep Swing owner, Valerie Salstrom if you have any questions. info at GetHepSwing.com