[NEohioPAL] Announcing Drama Therapy Adult Support Group in Response to COVID Isolation!

Bryan Ritchey bryan.ritchey at outlook.com
Tue Jun 2 07:22:00 PDT 2020

Hey everyone, times suck right now and I'm sure everyone is feeling the pain of fatigue, isolation and quarantine. Even though optimism is high, it still feels like this is going to go on forever. With that in mind, I'm starting up some Drama Therapy community support groups and information sessions in the coming weeks.

Drama Therapy is a field of therapy and therapeutic support that does it's nurturing and healing through theater exercises and play. If you're interested, please RSVP to the email address on the posters. If you're reading this as text only, I will post all pertinent information at the end of this. I'll be releasing the posters one-by-one throughout the week. Hope you can join, and remember - you are loved, you are important, and you are not alone.
First up is an upcoming weekly Drama Therapy support group for adults, designed to help people connect and share during this pandemic and quarantine. This group will be going for six weeks starting Tuesday June 9th from 7-8pm EST! I encourage anyone and everyone who wants to please come! Please RVSP to:

dtgroupz at outlook.com

Please also feel free to contact me at that address if you have any questions.

"Drama Therapy Support Group

A theatre-based community support group designed to help you practice self-care skills and let your imagination run free for a little while.

We're already keeping our bodies isolated. Why not let our creativity and energy go wild for a bit?

Every Tuesday starting June 9th, ending July 21st

7pm-8pm EST (4pm-5pm PST)

RSVP: dtgroupz at outlook.com

About the Facilitator:

Bryan Ritchey is currently finishing his Master of Arts in Drama Therapy. Drama Therapy has helped him weather his recent mental struggles and now he wants to pass on the knowledge and support he has gained from this magical field.

These workshops are part of a course called Interactive Case Seminar in the Counseling Psychology Program at the California Institute of Integral Studies and is supervised by Nina Strongylou, MFT, RDT/BCT"

​

Bryan Ritchey
Pronouns: he/him
Clinical Intern, MA Candidate; Drama Therapy
Seneca Family of Agencies
California Institute of Integral Studies
Performer, Teaching Artist, Sound Designer, Stage Manager, Writer
Berkeley, CA
bryan.ritchey at outlook.com
britchey at mymail.ciis.edu