[NEohioPAL] Sign Up TODAY for the last set of theater camps at Beck Center for this summer!

Sarah Clare sclare at beckcenter.org
Wed Jul 8 12:56:26 PDT 2020

SIGN UP TODAY FOR ONLINE THEATER CAMPS, AND CLASSES WITH BECK CENTER FOR THE ARTS THIS SUMMER

The last set of our summer theater camp programs at Beck Center for the Arts start on July 20th. Register today for our Junior Theater Camp for students ages 7-12, or our Musical Theater Camp for students ages 13-19

Do not miss out!  Click here to read the full summer catalog at beckcenter.org <https://www.beckcenter.org/education-programs>  or click here to register online now!<https://apm.activecommunities.com/beckcenter>  You can also register by phone 216.521.2540 x10.

Junior Theater Camp (Ages 7-12)

Our Junior Theater Camp is designed for all students, whether or not they have prior performance experience. Campers are broken into smaller groups based on age, and work with theater professionals, through online resources, learning about acting, singing, and dancing while rehearsing their own original show. Campers present this show - featuring acting scenes and musical numbers - through a virtual performance for family and friends - presented after the conclusion of camp. Students MUST be available for the last week of camp participate. There is a 30-minute informational orientation and Q&A for parents and students on the first day of camp which includes additional information and materials regarding technologies to be used in the camp and performances. Students will need access to Google Classroom, Zoom, and Flipgrid in order to participate fully in the course work.

Session 2 #7641 3 weeks; Monday-Friday 9:30-11:30 AM; 7/20-8/7; $270 Instructor: Theater Faculty

Musical Theater (Ages 13-19)

This musical theater camp is for students who are serious and passionate about performing musical theater. Participants work with a director, musical director and choreographer through online resources to put together an original musical revue: The VIRTUAL Best of Broadway. Songs and material are selected specifically for the students involved creating a totally unique experience. If you love musicals, you'll love this camp. Students are asked to prepare a short musical theater audition song that demonstrates their abilities to be used within the first two days of camp. Audition pieces will help determine appropriate material for the performance for the camp. Performance materials will be taped the final week of class, and the completed show will be presented using an online platform for students, familiy members, and friends post-editing. Students MUST be available for the final week to participate. Students will need access to Google Classroom, Zoom, and Flipgrid in order to participate fully in the course work.

#7639 3 weeks; Monday-Friday 12:00-4:00 PM; 7/20-8/7; $365; Instructor: Theater Faculty

* * * * *

Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring regional artists.

Sarah Clare
Associate Director of Theater Education
Beck Center for the Arts
sclare at beckcenter.org<mailto:sclare at beckcenter.org>
beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org/>       |   216.521.2540 x27
The Beck Center campus is closed until further notice.  ***Note that I am working remotely during this time and do not have immediate access to phone communications.