[NEohioPAL] Ten directors visualize ten famous opera arias in ARIA in the Cinematheque's virtual multiplex!

Genevieve Schwartz gbschwartz at cia.edu
Fri Jul 24 15:25:51 PDT 2020

FYI: ARIA is now showing in the Cinematheque's virtual multiplex!

Online exclusive! Available 7/24 - 8/13.

ARIA

UK, 1987, various directors

Ten of the hottest directors of the 1980s—including Robert Altman, Bruce Beresford, Jean-Luc Godard, Derek Jarman, Franc Roddam, Nicolas Roeg, Ken Russell, and Julien Temple—unleash their unbridled imaginations on ten visualizations of famous opera arias by Verdi, Puccini, Wagner, and others (including “Nessun Dorma”). Often irreverent and over the top, with little spoken dialogue, this anthology film also boasts a cast of notables—from Tilda Swinton and Theresa Russell to John Hurt, Beverly D’Angelo, and Buck Henry. New digital restoration! Adults only! Cleveland revival premiere. 91 min.

Aria, a Cinematheque streaming exclusive, can be watched online from 7/24 thru 8/13 via the link below. (Doing so supports the Cinematheque.) Screening fee is $4.99, and after opening the film, you have 72  hours to watch it.

https://lghtyr.video/Aria-CIA

Additional information on our current streaming features can be found on our Virtual Cinema page here:

https://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/virtual

Thank you,
Genevieve Schwartz
Cinematheque Assistant Director