[NEohioPAL] Equality Productions' BlackLivesMatter monologue

Richard Zenk richardjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 13:22:48 PDT 2020

The first monologue, ANOTHER KIND OF CANCER, is beautifully written by
Peter Anthony Fields and masterfully performed by Ryan Gregory Thurman. A
young man overhears a conversation between two people and attempts to
enlighten them as to why Black Lives Matter.

The professional playwright and actor have donated their time to raise
money for Facing History and Ourselves (https://www.facinghistory.org/).
Do yourself a favor and view this unique work.

To receive the YouTube link, send a donation to
equalityproductionscincy at gmail.com using either Paypal or Venmo. The
recommended donation is $10, but donate what you can.

At Facing History and Ourselves, we believe the bigotry and hate that we
witness today are the legacy of brutal injustices of the past. Facing our
collective history and how it informs our attitudes and behaviors allows us
to choose a world of equity and justice. Facing History’s resources address
racism, antisemitism, and prejudice at pivotal moments in history; we help
students connect choices made in the past to those they will confront in
their own lives. Through our partnership with educators around the world,
Facing History and Ourselves reaches millions of students in thousands of
classrooms every year.

Peter Anthony Fields has written numerous stage plays which have been read
or performed in Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, and London, U.K.  His play, "About
Michael", was awarded the second place Audience Appreciation Award at the
British Theatre Challenge.  "About Michael" and "Monster", are published
and licensed by Lazy Bee Scripts. Fields has a BA in Theatre Studies from
Kent State University and is a member of the Dramatists Guild.

Ryan Gregory Thurman is an NYC  based actor, proud Cleveland native & Point
Park University Alum. Recent: "Sister Act" (Paper Mill Playhouse – Covid-19
Postponed) Sebastian in Disney’s "The Little Mermaid" (Argyle Theatre),
"Oklahoma!" (Pittsburgh CLO), National and International: Store Manager in
"Elf" (National Tour), "After Midnight" (NCL). Regional: "Peter and the
Starcatcher" (Dobama),  "Sweeney Todd" (Mac-Haydn). @Huggybruh –
www.RyanGregoryThurman.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.RyanGregoryThurman.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3uZJyMV4Xm3KlOjyvV9eYGNhbovi0gGRtevjEBetAyVV6gSPV8HjzeIy8&h=AT03wNwHT6nZVjiXi55fHEM45VtOJ4zOqRkUjMbW3JVlAL_hviKc32qgSgDDioYRb7jXhYOtj3GoZOBTiczExa5eGgxR1KBBkdF1e9OXku3kk16TcGIbWA5I6cgmj8Adgg&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT07yT27AYJ5JDrN4HGjrbRAR2cbF7djloqbrP9RW4Mlb7Nvv70FQDC2MkxMzajvx1huR_YdMWWJ1j3XiL66fiGsq3J-ayl0B-qzS095YWZrCSQm31GzuuWZTQ6ZXEiz-eYvSfvjvtf_puywdT9o25vjfKwkrBnxtiHxozawL9UU_BG0Evsmfg4RRA>