[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Cinema announces reopening dates and films

Dave Huffman dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com
Fri Aug 14 07:30:39 PDT 2020

For Immediate Release

Contact: David Huffman, Cleveland Cinemas Director of Marketing
  440.349.3306 dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com<mailto:dhuffman at clevelandcinemas.com>

August 14th, 2020

CLEVELAND CINEMAS ANNOUNCES RE-OPENING DATES

(Cleveland, OH) Cleveland Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will be welcoming guests back into its Cedar Lee Theatre (2163 Lee Rd., Cleveland Hts.) and Chagrin Cinemas (8200 E. Washington St., Chagrin Falls) locations.

Chagrin Cinemas will open with a special $5 screening of MAJOR LEAGUE on Thursday, August 20th with showings starting at 6:30 PM, 6:45 PM, 7:00 PM, 7:15 PM, 7:30 PM. Tickets for this special showing are on sale now at clevelandcinemas.com<http://clevelandcinemas.com/> and fandango.com<http://fandango.com/>.

Starting on Friday, August 21st, Chagrin Cinemas will resume its regular programming with daily screenings of new films including UNHINGED starring Oscar-winner Russell Crowe and the new teen drama WORDS ON BATHROOM WALLS starring Anna Sophia Robb.

The Cedar Lee Theatre will open on Friday August 21st presenting the type of diverse line-up of specialty films that Cleveland has grown to expect from this cinematic institution. New films will include:

  *   TRAIN TO BUSAN PRESENTS: PENINSULA -  the sequel to the acclaimed zombie thriller from S. Korea
  *   STAGE MOTHER - a new comedy starring Oscar Nominee Jackie Weaver and drag legend Jackie Beat
  *   MADE IN ITALY - A new comedy starring Liam Neeson about an artist who travels to Italy with his estranged son
  *   TESLA - a new biopic starring Ethan Hawke as inventor Nikola Tesla
  *   DESERT ONE - a compelling new doc about the rescue of the Iranian hostages

In addition to these new titles, both the Cedar Lee Theatre and Chagrin Cinemas will be showing the 10th anniversary presentation of Christopher Nolan’s Oscar-winning film INCEPTION starring Leonardo DiCaprio. This special one week only engagement of INCEPTION is being presented in anticipation of Nolan’s latest big-screen spectacle, TENET, which is slated for release on September 3rd.

“Like most Americans, I’m excited to get back to the movies,” says Jon Forman, President of Cleveland Cinemas. “The magic of the movies is something that brings us together in the most trying of times. While the current crisis is on-going we know that going to the movies is an important part of our culture and we have taken steps to make our cinemas as safe as we can for our patrons and staff.”

Cleveland Cinemas new safety protocols include:

  *   Social distancing markers in lobby to ensure proper space between patrons in lines.
  *   Touchless purchase options at the box office and concession stand.
  *   Patrons will be encouraged to purchase tickets online at clevelandcinmeas.com or fandango.com in advance to reduce points of contact.
  *   Staff members will have temperatures taken before clocking in for shifts.
  *   Staff members will be required to wear masks while working.
  *   Staff members will be required to wash their hands frequently.
  *   Staff will routinely disinfect frequent customer touch points.
  *   Plexiglass dividers have been installed at registers.
  *   Patrons will be required to wear masks while in the building except when eating or drinking.
  *   Auditorium seating capacity will be reduced to 50% and seats and rows will be closed to ensure social distancing during the films.
  *   Showtimes will be spaced further apart to reduce crowds in lobby as well as allow for more time for cleaning and disinfecting the auditoriums between shows.
  *   Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.

Advance tickets for UNHINGED, TRAIN TO BUSAN PRESENTS: PENINSULA and INCEPTION are on sale now at clevelandcinemas.com<http://clevelandcinemas.com/> and fandango.com.

The Apollo Theatre (19 E. College St., Oberlin), Capitol Theatre (1390 W. 65th St., Cleveland) and Tower City Cinemas (230 W. Huron Rd., Cleveland) will remain temporarily closed until further notice.

Cleveland Cinemas will be continuing to offer select titles in its Virtual Screening Room which allows patrons to watch some new independent films at home and still support their favorite local cinema.

For tickets, show times, updates and information on Cleveland Cinemas visit clevelandcinemas.com.

###