[NEohioPAL] Lauren Gunderson's THE REVOLUTIONISTS this Saturday

Richard Zenk richardjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:08:50 PDT 2020

On SATURDAY, AUGUST 22ND (ONLY), see one of the best shows written by
Lauren Gunderson: THE REVOLUTIONISTS. Four badass women lose their heads in
this irreverent, girl-powered comedy set during the French Revolution’s
Reign of Terror. Playwright Olympe de Gouges, assassin Charlotte Corday,
former queen Marie Antoinette, and Haitian rebel Marianne Angelle hang out,
murder Marat, and try to beat back the extremist insanity in 1793 Paris.
This grand and dream-tweaked comedy is about violence and legacy, art and
activism, feminism and terrorism, compatriots and chosen sisters, and how
we actually go about changing the world.

TO PURCHASE TICKETS to the play online, send a donation to the following
email: equalityproductionscincy at gmail.com through Paypal or Venmo. The
suggested ticket price is $10 per household, but donate what you can.
Specify which organization should receive your donation. You will then
receive an email with a YouTube link beginning on Friday evening. You can
watch the show anytime between midnight and 11:59 pm on August 22nd, EST. Give
yourself a 2-hour window to view. Equality Productions will distribute 100%
of the donations.

The talented group of women who volunteered their talents to raise money
for worthy organizations:
Olympe de Gouges - Olivia King (Akron, Ohio)
Charlotte Corday - Caitlin (Cat) Feldman - (Maple, Canada)
Marie Antoinette - Melissa Morris (Toronto, Canada)
Marianne Angelle - Jailyn Harris (Cleveland, Ohio)
Our stage manager: Faith Roush (Kent, Ohio)
Our director: Lana Sugarman (North Canton, Ohio)

All those involved in the production have selected three organizations to
receive your donations:

Black Theatre Workshop - https://www.blacktheatreworkshop.ca/
<https://www.blacktheatreworkshop.ca/donate-to-btw/> - Black Theatre
Workshop’s mission is to promote and produce Black theatre that educates,
entertains, and inspires. The company strives to create a greater
cross-cultural understanding by challenging its audience and the status
quo. As Canada’s longest-running Black theatre company, it maintains a high
level of integrity and creativity. Elevating the representation of Black
Canadian artists, the company bridges cultural barriers – uniting hearts,
minds, and communities.

Black Women's Health Imperative - https://bwhi.org/ - Since 1983, Black
Women's Health Imperative has been the only national organization dedicated
solely to improving the health and wellness of our nation’s 21 million
Black women and girls – physically, emotionally, and financially.

Seat of the Pants - https://seatofthepants.org
<https://seatofthepants.org/donate> - Seat of the Pants is a band of
storytellers who bring theatrical productions to varied locations around
Northeast Ohio; we’re most “at home” when “on the road.” The choice to roam
allows us to focus all our resources on telling tales, truthfully and
beautifully; share compelling narratives in unique spaces and vibrant
communities and develop an aesthetic rooted in imaginative staging and
human connection.