[NEohioPAL] Playwriting Workshop Begins Thursday 9/10

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 07:15:17 PDT 2020

Playwrights Local & Literary Cleveland Present

*Act Out!*

*A Playwriting Workshop*

*With Dr. Mary E. Weems*

September 10, 17, and 24, and October 1 (Thursdays)

6:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Conducted online/remotely via Zoom

$120 ($80 for Literary Cleveland members)

In this virtual, interactive 4-session, 2-hour workshop, Dr. Mary Weems
will share her technique for writing monologues and short plays as
political acts. Participants are asked to bring one to three social issues
(racism, the Pandemic, transphobia, religious intolerance, sexism, the
environment, poverty, etc) they would like to address in writings for the
stage.

*Registration at Literary Cleveland*

https://www.litcleveland.org/classes-workshops/act-out-playwriting-workshop

*About Playwrights Local*

Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our Young Playwrights Collective
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/young-playwrights-collective-ypc/> and our
annual Open Call for Submissions
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/submissions/> at
http://playwrightslocal.org/. Make your tax-deductible contributions to our
501(c)(3) group at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/donate/.

*About the Instructor*

Dr. Mary E. Weems' is a poet, playwright, author, performer,
imagination-intellect theorist, and social/cultural foundations scholar.
Weems is the author of thirteen books including Blackeyed: Plays and
Monologues (2015), five chapbooks, most notably “white” (Wick Award), and
numerous poems, articles and book chapters. In 2015 Weems was awarded a
Cleveland Arts Prize for her full-length drama MEAT.