[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses Online Auditions - September 12 & 14

Harbaugh, Jill JHarbaugh at clevelandorchestra.com
Tue Sep 8 09:24:19 PDT 2020

Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses Online Auditions - September 12 & 14

Open to Singers in Grades 5-8!

The Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses are seeking young singers in grades 5-8 to audition for our choral program on Saturday, September 12 and Monday, September 14. Auditions will be held online, and everything students need to sign up and prepare for their audition can be found on our website, cocc.cochorus.com<http://cocc.cochorus.com/>.

Each virtual audition will last no longer than 10-minutes. The student will be asked to sing one verse of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" ("America") in the key of F major with the pre-recorded piano accompaniment provided on our website, and one verse of "America the Beautiful" ('Oh beautiful for spacious skies') in the key of D major without accompaniment. The student will also complete some short vocal and rhythmic exercises.

The Children's Choruses 2020-21 season begins the first week of October. Rehearsals will be held online in fall 2020 (October - December), with a virtual performance planned for December. Decisions will be made for spring 2021 as we receive updated information about the status of the pandemic. To learn more about the Children's Choruses, please visit cocc.cochorus.com<mailto:cocc.cochorus.com>, or email chorus at clevelandorchestra.com<mailto:chorus at clevelandorchestra.com>.