[NEohioPAL] Casting: Zoom Reading on November 12

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:10:52 PDT 2020

CASTING NOTICE

Playwrights Local

(http://playwrightslocal.org/)

seeks multiple cast members

for a staged reading conducted online via Zoom

on Thursday, November 12 at 7:00pm

The Curve of your Spine is my Home

A new play by Olivia Billings

Directed by Erik Andrews

Logistics

There will be 2 rehearsals held online via Zoom in early November.

This is an unpaid position, but a great chance to be a part of a new play!

Reply with a cover email and headshot/resume to the director at
erikandrews1 at me.com. Please include your availability for November 1-12.

Open Roles

(1) Gomer - 20, male, a student, "the harlot," loves mac n’cheese more than
anyone or anything

(2) Habakkuk (hAb-uh-cook) - 24, female, a musician / viola apprentice with
the Pittsburgh symphony, collects adult coloring books

(3) Narrator/Stage Directions - any age, etc.

About the Play

Three friends combat religion, fierce love, and mundane grief when they
reunite in their small town for Jezebel’s funeral. The Curve of your Spine
is my Home uncovers the mysteries of magic in Christianity, what it means
to be a faithful and Queer, and the coincidences that scare us more than
any horror movie or rollercoaster. Maybe if we want something to be true
hard enough, it will be.

About the Roundtable Reading Series

http://www.playwrightslocal.org/fall-roundtable-series-2020/