[NEohioPAL] Join Us! Ensemble Theatre's 10min Plays Zoom Reading series continues Monday @7pm.

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Sun Feb 7 10:59:55 PST 2021

*Ensemble Theatre’s Stagewright’s Unit *is thrilled to continue with our* 8th
Monday night*, of we hope many, as part of our *10 minute Play Reading
Series via Zoom*, streamed LIVE on *Ensemble Theatre’s Facebook page*!
During these uncertain times, practicing social distancing and mitigating
the spread of Covid-19, we are finding creative ways to stay connected!

Join us EVERY OTHER MONDAY @7PM and enjoy original works of local
playwrights sharing their voices with our community and the world around us!
You can submit questions/comments via the ZOOM chat function or via the
comments on our Facebook Livestream!

*:: Here is the LINE UP for :: MONDAY February 8th @7pm ::*

*THE BRIDGE  :: By Edward J. Walsh ::*
Revenge from above would be bad news for the intended victim below, whose
worst crime is that he’s a red-head.

:: *Skip Corris** a*s Tank* :: *Luther Pete Robinson* *as Bennie* ::

*Ed Walsh* has worn a lot of hats during his writing career in Northeast
Ohio, but his favorite one is that of the playwright. Laboring as a lone
wolf or sometimes as a collaborator, he has seen a number of his efforts
make it to the stage. In Northeast Ohio, his work has been produced at
Dobama Theatre, Cuyahoga Community College-Western Campus Theatre, Berea
Summer Theatre, Kent State University, John Carroll University, and Chagrin
Valley Little Theatre-River Street Playhouse. Two of Walsh’s plays were
performed as part of The Colombi New Plays Festival at Ensemble Theatre in
recent years. One of these, *“One-on-One,”* deals with the confrontation
between two white kids and a lone African-American kid on a neighborhood
basketball court. The play was later published, as was Walsh’s adaptation
of *“Frankenstein.”* The only question is, “What will come out from under
Walsh’s hat next.

*A CAT'S EYE VIEWS ALL :: By Berenice Kleiman ::*
*A CAT’S EYE VIEWS ALL* as dictated by my tabby cat Loganberry is a plea
for his emancipation. Loganberry feels he’s been displaced by new Corgi pup
Winnie and he’s not at all happy about this situation.
As a matter of fact, he knows he deserves better.

My favorite actor *Agnes Herrmann*,* who is a friend of Loganberry, will
read his diatribe.

*Berenice Kleiman* :: My muse is chocolate. A big bag of M&Ms or chocolate
kisses will go a long way toward fueling my creativity, especially when
bolstered by a very talented crew of actors and playwright friends in
Ensemble Theatre’s Stagewrights’ Group.  Following forced retirement, in
2001, from my own high-tech marketing firm, I learned the pleasures of
escape through imaginative rather than business writing. Escape is
energizing and I have since written a number of full-length along with a
series of ten-minute plays. I’m particularly pleased to announce that my
new book WIDOWHOOD 101: NEXT STEPS is now available on Amazon in both
paperback and Kindle.

*SY-RENE PEACH :: By S. Joshua Mendel ::*
A young gay couple learns the key to a successful relationship when they
try to pick a color for their living room.

:: *David Munnell* *as Sherman *:: *S. Joshua Mendel* *as William* :: *Tim
Tavcar **as Manager* :::

*Agnes Herrmann* will read Stage Directions ::S. Joshua Mendel* is new to
playwriting and to the Stagewrights group. The subject of his now baker’s
dozen of plays are often based upon events that occur(red) in his life. But
they break out in surprising way  mixing comedy with tragedy; offering a
light touch to “serious” topics.

*(*Denotes Member of Actors' Equity Association)*

*CLICK HERE TO NAVIGATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE'S FACEBOOK PAGE TO WATCH OUR
LIVE STREAM @7PM, Monday
<https://www.facebook.com/EnsembleTheatreCleveland/>*.
*CLICK HERE FOR ZOOM LINK.
<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82735076178?pwd=Tmx6QzlGSzJFdWRqSEt2K0RTVEtQZz09>
 Meeting ID: *827 3507 6178 *Passcode:* 720158. *Please mute audio and keep
video off as audience.  *
*We recommend it if you are able to watch via Ensemble’s FACEBOOK LIVE.
Tune in @7pm.  *

*ALL OF THE PLAYS READING AS PART OF OUR MONDAY SERIES ARE FREE TO THE
PUBLIC. NO DONATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE!*

DONATIONS TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME, ESPECIALLY DURING THESE
UNCERTAIN TIMES.
*CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO ENSEMBLE THEATRE!*
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/donations> WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR THE
SUPPORT!
*CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR 10 MINUTE PLAY SERIES
<http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org/10-minute-readings-zoom>*, OUR
PLAYWRIGHTS, AND UPDATES TO OUR LINE UP FOR EACH MONDAY.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ENSEMBLE THEATRE, OUR NEW SERIES, AND WE LOOK
FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN OUR VIRTUAL AUDIENCE.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! We look forward to when we can meet again in
person!