[NEohioPAL] The Sound of Music Opens April 15-18

dave banks dbanks1 at neo.rr.com
Fri Apr 9 20:16:56 PDT 2021

The CenterStage Theater Department of Walsh Jesuit High School proudly presents its Spring musical production of the Broadway classic “The Sound Of Music,” with music by Richard Rodgers and Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, April 15th through the 18th in the theatre at Walsh Jesuit High School, 4550 Wyoga Lake Road, in Cuyahoga Falls. There will be a preview performance on April 14th at 7PM and a special streamed performance on April 18.
This musical has been a timeless favorite among adults and children alike. “Although actors will be masked, we will still honor the tradition, magic and energy from the original Broadway version, motion picture, and two revivals, we plan bring our own creative flavor to the staging and characters,” says David Banks, director of the show.
Cast as Maria is Gracie Kulawiak of Aurora. Kevin Karl from Brunswick will portray Captain von Trapp, while Junior Kendra Noonan from Tallmadge will be his fiancée, Elsa.  Eva Janigian of Akron portrays the Mother Abbess, while the role of Max will be played by Jack Szeremet of Sagamore Hills. Liesl will be played by Ani Bruno of Akron.  The role of Friedrich will be played by Michael Younkin and Chase Oberhaus portrays Kurt, both from Wadsworth. Sydney Borges of Uniontown will portray Brigitta, while Sarah Lekan of Hinckley will play Louisa.  The role of Marta will be performed by Sophia Tsenekos of North Canton. Gretl will be played by Ava Inglett from Copley.  Eli Coundourides of Brunswick plays Franz, and Aubrey Nighman of Cuyahoga Falls portrays Frau Schmidt. Sister Berthe is played by Nataley Davis from Macedonia, while Meredith Davis from North Royalton portrays Sister Margaretta. Elizabeth Gilbert of Medina plays Sister Sophia and Dominic Camma from Hudson will play Rolf. Rounding out the cast is Lindsey Burke and Mia Novak from Akron, Dominic Bertoni from Stow, Addison Burke from Cuyahoga Falls, Jordyn Freetage from Massillon, and Avery Rogus from Wadsworth. The show has been choreographed by Kim Raines Colton of Rootstown and will be backed by a live orchestra directed by David Banks. Technical Direction is by Vincent Matia, from Medina.
Shows will be April 15th at 7pm, April 16th and 17th at 7:30pm. Matinee shows will be April 17th at 2:00pm and April 18th at 1:00pm. The closing show will be April 18th at 6:30pm. There will be a streamed show available for purchase as well on April 18th.  There will also be a preview show on April 14th at 7pm.
Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for students and Senior Citizens. Preview show tickets are $5.00 each. The Streamed show is $15.00 per view.  Due to the state of Ohio guidelines for our theatre, we are limited to 112 seats per performance. You will be required to wear a mask while in the building and your temperature will be taken upon arrival.  Families and friends may sit together, but otherwise seating will be spaced.  For more information on the upcoming production, you may email Mr. Banks at banksd at walshjesuit.org <mailto:banksd at walshjesuit.org> or to buy tickets, visit the Walsh Jesuit High School website, www.walshjesuit.org <http://www.walshjesuit.org/>  and follow the prompts.