[NEohioPAL] Sci-Fi Classic The Day the Earth Stood Still to Be Performed Live as Radio Play in Shaker Heights

Caroline Breder-Watts cfbwatts at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 09:19:18 PDT 2021

Radio on the Lake Theatre, the only professional theater company in Northeast Ohio exclusively dedicated to the illumination of the radio play, will present the radio play adaptation of the classic science fiction film The Day the Earth Stood Still on Saturday, June 26 at 7:30 pm outdoors at the company's studio at 18516 Scottsdale Blvd. in Shaker Heights.
The Day the Earth Stood Still tells the story of a humanoid alien visitor, accompanied by a powerful robot, who must deliver an important message that will affect the entire human race. Members of the acting program of Baldwin Wallace University will be featured in the cast, and will be directed by Heidi Harris, Adjunct Professor of Theater at BW. According to ROTLT Executive Director Caroline Breder-Watts, "We have worked with the BW acting program for our weekly series CreakerBox Radio (heard Friday evenings at 7:30 on 920 WON The Apple and on WBWC 88.3 FM Sunday evenings at 5), and they have been wonderful. We can't to get back to live performance, and work once again with BW".
Tickets are now on sale for The Day the Earth Stood Still, and seats are extremely limited. Face masks are not required outdoors, but will be mandatory for anyone using the indoor restroom facilities. Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite. To learn more about Radio on the Lake Theatre, visit Radio on the Lake Theatre.org.