[NEohioPAL] AEA/Non-AEA submissions for Heartbreakers in Hell Musical

Dane CT Leasure dane at rubbercityshakes.com
Wed Jul 28 08:21:34 PDT 2021

Rubber City Theatre - *Heartbreakers in Hell* - Equity/Non-Equity video
submissions

*CONTRACT*
AEA: SPT Tier 1
Non-Equity: $250 Stipend for Run. EMC points are available.

SEEKING
Equity/Non-Equity actors for roles in Heartbreakers in Hell (see breakdown
on our website www.rubbercitytheatre.com/auditions--employment.html). Local
actors strongly encouraged to audition. We are seeking vaccinated actors
for this production. Proficiency with sight reading and harmonies are an
asset.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Please prepare 32 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song and 32 bars
of a pop song (MT or otherwise) that best showcases your range. You may
also prepare one of the songs on the website from the show with
accompanying tracks. Please email video in an unlisted YouTube [or similar
platform] link along with headshot and resume to
casting at rubbercitytheatre.com. Please specify if you are submitting for a
specific role.

Deadline: 08/01/2021

SUBMIT TO: casting at rubbercitytheatre.com

PERSONNEL
Auditions will be viewed by:
Dane CT Leasure (He/Him) - Executive Artistic
Director/Director-Choreographer
Anthony Trifiletti (He/Him) - Music Director
Joey Contreras (he/him) - Composer
Benjamin Halstead (he/him) - Book and Lyrics

OTHER
Intimacy: This show contains scenes of intimacy: most roles involve
kissing, close contact, and suggestive dancing. There is no full nudity,
though male characters may appear topless. RCT has engaged with a qualified
Intimacy Choreographer to work with all actors. This show discusses
relationships and sex. Scenes of sexual contact will be depicted through
kissing and suggestive dancing; there is no simulated sex. The show
describes (but does not depict) sexual assault.

We envision the production in which these demonic characters can be
portrayed by anyone, disregarding the gender of historical figures,
embracing queerness, and casting people that reflect multiracial world we
live in. We are also seeking actors of all body sizes and shapes. Costumes
may be tight or revealing, based on the comfort level of the actor.

Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to
diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal
employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion.
As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender
identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to submit.

OTHER DATES
1st Rehearsal: August 31, 2021
Opening: September 24, 2021
Closing: October 16, 2021
Rehearsals are from 6:30-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday, Saturday 12-4pm [break]
5:30-7:30pm [we may use utilize the 6-hour rehearsal block on Saturday]/
Sunday's 1-6pm. and performances on Thursday-Saturday at 7:30pm, Sunday at
2:30pm.