[NEohioPAL] Top Ten (+4) Reasons for One World Day in Cleveland Cultural Gardens August 29, 2021

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Tue Aug 17 13:36:30 PDT 2021

  	* August 29, 2021 is the 75th annual One World Day (OWD) in the
Cleveland Cultural Gardens. OWD is the official event of the Cleveland
Cultural Gardens since 1946, celebrating over 100 years of Peace Through
Mutual Understanding. OWD is Historic, Continuous, Official, the one and
only, imitated but never duplicated, Cleveland Cultural Gardens
Federation event.  Though we had to cancel in 2020 because of Covid-19,
this is considered our 75th annual event.

  	* Visitors have the opportunity to visit (eat, drink, learn about, be
entertained in, etc.) the 30 plus Gardens - not just a few gardens or a
small area.

  	* The Parade of Flags will feature dozens of nationalities, ethnic
costumes and more. The true Diversity of Cleveland on display. It's like
the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Ethnic communities that do not have a
Cultural Garden have been actively invited to participate Expect to see
units from the Indonesian, Dutch, Brazilian, Japanese, Scottish and
other communities marching in the Parade of Flags along with
representatives of the 30 or so communities that already have a Garden
We are honored to have Chris Tanaka (Ch. 19 anchor) returning as MC.
This year we will also have Danielle Wiggins (Ch. 3 morning anchor),
Tracy Carloss (Ch. 5 weekend anchor) and Maia Belay (Ch. 8 reporter)
serving as co-MCs.  That's the kind of respect and cooperation that One
World Day generates.

  	* An inspiring and moving Naturalization Ceremony will welcome about
25 new citizens from all over the world as a federal judge swears them
in at 11 AM.

	* Passport to Peace. Attendees get a free Passport which they take to
any/all gardens and participate in a free, fun activity in that garden
to get their Passport stamped. For kids and adults of all ages.  Kids
get a prize when they turn it in.

  	* Attendees can get a One World Day souvenir program Includes Garden
info, maps, history and more - collector's edition, free.

  	* Variety of Ethnic food and drink. Gardens will have food from their
culture or a food truck/vendor will be stationed there. This includes
some new additions such as Egyptian street food from King Tut Food
Truck.

  	* Variety of ethnic performances throughout the Gardens. Very diverse,
something for everyone, unique settings.  2 exciting featured acts in
the new Centennial Peace Plaza - the world-renown Singing Angels will
perform at 3PM and bringing the day to a close will be the exciting
Latin rhythms from Moises Borges and friends

  	* International Shopping and Resources. Visit the Market Place for
shopping, food and cultural resources. Located on Martin Luther King
Blvd, between the African American Garden, and Parkgate Dr., this year's
vendors and exhibitors include a variety of non-profit organizations,
food vendors, merchandise vendors, and community support groups.

  	* We are partnering with Spin to have scooters available during 75th
Annual One World Day! Spin provides Cleveland with dockless
scooter-share to get you where you need to go. At the 75th Annual One
World Day, you can see as many of the beautiful gardens as possible,
without breaking a sweat.

  	* One area of the Gardens will be dedicated to educational fun for
children and adults - The Children's Village. Activities included Story
Telling Tent - Learn about Cleveland's diverse culture through stories,
Cleveland Orchestra Instrument Discovery, Cleveland Kids' Book Bank,
Make upcycled bookmarks, Children's Lawn Games, Map of the World and
more

  	* SWAG! We have a variety of merchandise for you to support our ever
going effort with the Cleveland Cultural Gardens Federation and One
World Day, wear these with pride and reconnecting with the world through
a visual display! Limited edition t-shirts and caps at
https://clevelandoneworldday.org/2021/owd-and-ccgf-merchandises-now-available/

	* The Cleveland Cultural Gardens are spread out over 254+ acres. We
will follow all city, state and CDC guidelines for events. Hand
sanitizers will be available throughout the gardens, signage will be
also visible, keeping yourself and your family safe is very important,
please also keep your social distancing and wash your hands often. The
large footprint and outdoor venue along with appropriate behavior will
make it a safe day for all.

  	* The price is right. Free Free entertainment. Free parking. Free
shuttle buses from parking lot to the gardens.

--
-------------
Johnny Wu

Co-Founder
Cleveland Asian Festival
May 22 @ 10:30am - Virtual Celebration
www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org

Producer (2015-2021)
75th Cleveland Cultural Gardens' One World Day
August 29, 2021
www.clevelandculturalgardens.org [2]

VP of Communications
OCA-Cleveland Chapter
"Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific Americans"
OCA Image TV- reaching over 200 million viewers each month
OCA AsiaTown Voice Radio - Sundays 7pm at 88.7FM or listen online at
www.ocagc.org/imagetv
OCA Interactive Kiosk - Interactive Tablet at several AsiaTown locations
promote AsiaTown.
www.ocagc.org

Administrator
Cleveland IndieClub
www.FaceBook.com/groups/ClevelandIndieclub

WKYC TV3 Community Advisory Board
City of Cleveland Community Affairs Board
St. Clair Superior Development Board Member
2013 Minority Business Entrepreneurs Award Recipient
Inducted into International Karate and Kickboxing Hall of Fame
Inducted into World Head of Family Sokeship Council
2014 Legendary Master of the World Head of Family Sokeship Council

Links:
------
[1] http://www.mdifilm.com
[2] http://www.clevelandculturalgardens.org