[NEohioPAL] 2nd Act - Ohio Casting Notice

Karen Snyder karen at weare2ndact.org
Thu Aug 19 11:15:17 PDT 2021

2nd Act - Ohio Casting Notice

Seeking Actors for Theatre Company focused on spreading awareness about
Substance Use Disorder.

Are you an actor looking for steady, part-time work? Do you want to work
with a professional, mission-driven, touring theater company? 2nd Act is
hiring actors who have the flexibility for shows throughout the year!

Production Description:

2nd Act is a newly merged organization of Improbable Players (IP) and
COAAST (Creating Outreach About Addiction Support Together) that has been
using theater performances and workshops to address addiction and the
opioid epidemic for the combined past 37+ years. Together they provide
educational programming & workshops to youth across OH, MA, NY, and RI and
work with schools, organizations, and other nonprofits to spread their
message and support to a wide audience. Our performances are 30-40 minute
plays followed by a 20-minute talkback and Q&A with the audience. These
plays are based on true stories. We are casting actors to perform multiple
roles in multiple shows.

● We require all of our actors to be in recovery from drug and alcohol use,
or have a lived experience with substance use disorder (i.e. lived with
family / significant other with substance use disorder, deeply affected by
Substance Use Disorder)

● We do require all actors to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to
employment. ● We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and
differently-abled people to audition!

ROLES:

FATHER / HUSBAND (Co-Lead): Male, 30-60

● Required Media: Headshot/Photo, Acting Resume, Self-Tape

● Optional: Video Reel, Theatrical Reference

SON / BROTHER (Co-Lead): Male, 18-30

● Required Media: Headshot/Photo, Acting Resume, Self-Tape

● Optional: Video Reel, Theatrical Reference

Compensation & Union Contract Details

Pay starts at $120 per show, $85/virtual show, $25/hr for in-person
rehearsal, and $15/hr for virtual rehearsals. The shows you sign up for are
up to you! Actors typically perform at 1-10 shows per month. We are a
non-equity company.

Key Details

Seeking talent from Cleveland, OH

Additional Instructions:

● Please submit a self-tape, headshot, acting resume to “
staff at weare2ndact.org”

● Fill out this short questionnaire to be considered: QUESTIONNAIRE

○ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1bxO1PWXo39JzHQUZ3OXuhdm
oH9J85k2JWotjLNu6ATaYyA/viewform

● Once we have reviewed all submissions we may contact you to schedule a
follow-up callback & interview.

Audition Materials:

Self-Tape Submission Instructions: 2nd Act Self-Tape Instructions.pdf

FATHER / HUSBAND Sides

SON / BROTHER Sides

--

Karen Snyder

Regional Director, OH 2nd Act, Inc.

she/her/hers

*2ND ACT*

*Our story continues...*

2nd Act

PO Box 175 North Olmsted, OH 44070 Cell: 216-714-3288

Donate
<https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ImprobablePlayersInc/donate.html> |
<https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2950758>See A Show
<https://www.improbableplayers.org/see-a-show> | Facebook