[NEohioPAL] FREE THEATRE WORKSHOP SERIES

Tania Benites tmbenites at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 06:48:09 PDT 2021

*Communication Through Theater Arts* (4 week series) FREE!

Explore self-expression and important conversation through a workshop based
in Augusto Boal's Theatre of the Oppressed. Augusto Boal, a theater
practitioner and political activist, created Theatre of the Oppressed
believing that theatre is a communication and problem-solving tool.
Expression through art is a universal language! Boal also believe that
Theater of the Oppressed can be used by actors and non-actors alike. In
this workshop activities will oscillate between acting exercises, writing
activities, and open discussion. During these four weeks we will use
Theatre of the Oppressed as a tool for opening our creative minds as well
as to discuss important issues that bring us together as human, instead of
pull us apart because of our differences. MUST REGISTER. Hosted by Cuyahoga
County Public Library. This program will be held virtually through Zoom.

There are three opportunities to catch this 4 week series:

I: *Thursdays Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 7 @7pm*

Registration: Communication Through Theater Arts - Cuyahoga County Public
Library (cuyahogalibrary.org)
<https://attend.cuyahogalibrary.org/event/5131972>

II: *Tuesdays Sept 28, Oct 5, 12, 19 @7pm*

Registration: Communication Through Theater Arts 4-week series - Cuyahoga
County Public Library (cuyahogalibrary.org)
<https://attend.cuyahogalibrary.org/event/5127927>

III: *Mondays Nov 8, 15, 22, 29 @7pm*

Registration: Communication Through Theatre Arts - Cuyahoga County Public
Library (cuyahogalibrary.org)
<https://attend.cuyahogalibrary.org/event/5142725>

*Tania Benites*

*Adult Programming Assistant*