[NEohioPAL] Beck Center's ELF The Musical~~~Audition Appts. Available!

Scott Spence scottdavidspence at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:03:21 PDT 2021

*Beck Center Announces Auditions for….*

*Elf* *The Musical*

Open Call auditions will be held by appointment on *Sunday, Oct. 3rd*
and *Monday,
Oct. 4th* beginning at 5PM both days. Auditions will occur at Beck Center
in Lakewood. The production team will also be accepting video submissions
for this open call if that method is preferred. Callbacks (weekend of Oct.
9/10) *WILL* be held on site however.

*WHAT TO PREPARE*

Whether auditioning on site or via video submission, all we’ll need is 1 or
2 brief songs totaling no more than 90 seconds. No monologues needed.
Please bring sheet music in your key. An accompanist will be provided.

*HOW TO AUDITION*

On site appointments can be made by calling the Beck Center Box Office
during normal business hours at 216-521-2540 x10. Video submissions should
be sent to ScottS at beckcenter.org no later than Sat., October 2nd.

*SHOW INFORMATION*

*{Performances} *

*ELF *will open Friday, Dec. 3rd and close Sunday, Jan. 2nd. There is a 5
day “no performance” buffer between Dec. 24th and Dec. 28th.

*{Rehearsals}*

Rehearsals will likely begin on Sat., Oct. 30th.

*{Compensation}*

It is anticipated that Two (2) AEA contracts  will be available. All other
performers 18 and older receive a stipend as well. If interested, EMC
points are available.

*{Covid Safety Requirements}*

As part of Beck Center’s relationship with Actor’s Equity Assn., it is
required that *100%* of our company be fully vaccinated. This will include *all
*performers, designers, stage managers, crew and even musicians/orchestra.
In order to audition you *must* show proof of vaccination either at the
time of your audition or by emailing a photo of your vaccination card. *This
includes ALL performers 12 years of age and older. No exceptions*. *See
note below on children under 12.*

*{Roles}*

*ALL roles are available*. Principals and major supporting include BUDDY
(ideally age 28 to 35), JOVIE (age 22 to 26), Walter Hobbs (age 45 to 60),
Michael Hobbs (12 years old) and Santa (timeless, of course). *ELF* has a
very robust ensemble featuring all ages (9 to 70) as well. Much doubling
and great character possibilities abound. See the following link for more
specifics on roles and the show. https://www.mtishows.com/elf-the-musical

*A note on Young Performers*: It is our hope that we can use younger
performers in this production. Actor’s Equity continues to evaluate safety
requirements, and as of now it is still unclear what specific rules might
be in place in order to use performers under 12 years of age. (in our case,
performers 9, 10 and 11 for this particular production.) We encourage
younger performers to audition for this project, and will know more about
specific requirements after Oct. 1st.

*Questions?*

Feel free to inquire via email at scotts at beckcenter.org

Thank you for considering Beck Center!!!