[NEohioPAL] THE MIRROR EFFECT by Oana Leuca - Thu, Nov 11 @ 7pm

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:02:01 PDT 2021

Playwrights Local Presents

A Staged Reading of a New Play

THE MIRROR EFFECT

Written by Oana Leuca

Directed by Christine McBurney

Thursday, November 11 | 7:00 pm

Free | Tickets or Reservations Not Required

Playwrights Local

397 East 156th Street

Cleveland, OH 44110

INFO

www.playwrightslocal.org/2021-2022-roundtable-series/

SAFETY

Audience members will be required to show proof of vaccination against
COVID-19 and to wear masks inside the venue. With certain restrictions,
exceptions can be made for children under 12 and attendees with conflicting
medical conditions or religious beliefs. Consult our policy at
www.playwrightslocal.org/safety/.

FEATURING

Lana Sugarman

Samantha Cocco

Heidi Hackney

Molly McFadden

Amiee Collier

Nadia Tarnawsky

Tammy Shanley

SYNOPSIS

The Mirror Effect presents Amanda Reis, a self-searching female writer who
explores her inner life through language and disguise. Her story is
inspired by the lives and work of other female artists (Sylvia Plath,
Virginia Woolf, Anne Sexton, Marylin Monroe, etc.). Her poetic monologue is
an astronaut’s shout in space, a place where sound waves can’t travel. She
is a clown afraid of clowns, an actress trying to free herself from her
persona.

ABOUT THE PLAYWRIGHT

Oana Leuca is a Romanian-born poet and playwright. She immigrated to the
USA in 2018 and is currently pursuing her MFA in playwriting through the
NEOMFA. At the 2020 NEOMFA Playwrights Festival, convergence-continuum
produced one of her plays, Autopoiesis. In April 2020, she won the Leonard
Trawick Scholarship in creative writing.

ABOUT THE COMPANY

Playwrights Local is a theater company in Cleveland. As a playwrights’
center, our goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast
Ohio. We offer classes and workshops, produce original plays, provide
networking opportunities, and engage the community through outreach
projects. Learn more about programs such as our
<http://www.playwrightslocal.org/young-playwrights-collective-ypc/>Roundtable
Series <http://www.playwrightslocal.org/2021-2022-roundtable-series/> at
http://playwrightslocal.org/. Make your tax-deductible contributions to our
501(c)(3) group at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/donate/.