[NEohioPAL] IMMEDIATE RELEASE: The Millennial Theatre Company to Present Local Premiere of Heathers the Musical at The Hopewell Theatre!

The Millennial Theatre Company millennialtheatrecompany at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 07:13:34 PST 2022

*The Long-Awaited Revival Is Finally Here! The Millennial Theatre Company
To Premiere Heathers the Musical in Youngstown at The Hopewell Theatre!*

*YOUNGSTOWN, OH*– The Millennial Theatre Company (MTC) is thrilled to
announce their revival of *Heathers the Musical,* in collaboration with The
Hopewell Theatre! The show performs Friday January 14 and Saturday January
15 at 7:30pm, Sunday January 16 at 2:00pm, Friday January 21 and Saturday
January 22 at 7:30pm, and Sunday January 23 at 2:00pm at The Hopewell
Theatre.

*Heathers the Musical,* based on the classic 1989 film, brings audiences to
Westerberg High, a school ruled by a shoulder-padded, scrunchie-wearing
junta: Heather, Heather and Heather, the hottest and cruelest girls in all
of Ohio. But misfit Veronica Sawyer rejects their evil regime for a new
boyfriend, the dark and sexy stranger J.D., who plans to put the Heathers
in their place – six feet under.

Artistic Director Joe Asente shares that this revival has been a long time
coming, "When we did this show in 2016, our first production ever, we had a
budget of $500 and a dream, and not much else. For years, we had audiences
and actors alike asking for us to bring this show back, and now, after
years of COVID delays, we are finally able to bring *Heathers the Musical *to
the stage, and with the level of technical polish that it deserves. We
could not be more excited to be the first in the area to bring this
production to life in Youngstown with our friends at The Hopewell!"

The cast includes Natalina Kazimir, Daniel Gordiejew, Lauren Jones, Brianna
Rae Quinn, Kaleigh Ceci, Sam Gregory, Jacob Nash, Sarahh Kinser, Courtney
Martin, Ryan Stewart, Ben Doss, Lauren Engle, Aleea Morrison, Michelle
Jalbert, Kat Roman, George Maillis, Ty Hanes, and Kara Swansiger, with
direction and music direction by Joe Asente and choreography by Hannah
Stephens.

Tickets are $20 and are available online at www.millennialtheatre.org. Per
the venue’s policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR dated negative COVID
test within 72 hours of the performance are required upon entry. Masks are
required for all attendees.

For more information regarding this performance please connect with MTC via
Facebook, Instagram (@mtc_theatre), or email
millennialtheatrecompany at gmail.com.

Promotional Photos are available HERE
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12h8n4dOazbQI05ssuhSyGwbrNEIlNQZM?usp=sharing>
.

About the Millennial Theatre Company:
The Millennial Theatre Company (MTC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit theatre
company committed to producing theatrical experiences that reflect the
interests and experiences of the Millennial Generation. They aim to produce
generation relevant content through musicals, millennial-created and
written works, workshops, and other various theatrical experiences. For
more information, visit MTC’s website millennialtheatre.org, as well as
their Facebook and Instagram (@mtc_theatre).

####

The Millennial Theatre Company *• www.millennialtheatre.org
<http://www.millennialtheatre.org>*
"Creating Quality Theatrical Experiences With, For, and Of a Generation"