[NEohioPAL] Malone University Seeks Local Actors for AS YOU LIKE IT

Craig Joseph craigjose at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 08:06:15 PST 2022

Director Lana Sugarman and Producer Craig Joseph are soliciting submissions
from actors who have interest in auditioning for a production of William
Shakespeare’s *As You Like It *at Malone University in Canton, Ohio. This
will be a joint production between students in the theater program and
local actors from the NE Ohio theatre community.

We are seeking to cast a broad demographic of performers. ALL ROLES are
open to female-identifying, male-identifying, and non-binary folks, and all
races and ethnicities. No previous Shakespeare experience required.

Performance dates are April 7-10.

Rehearsal will begin around February 7th (2-3 nights a week) and will be
focused on table work, playing with verse, and understanding the text.
Rehearsals will increase in March (4-5 nights a week). Throughout the
process, no one will be called every night until we approach tech week.

If interested in auditioning, please send a resume and headshot to
lsugarman at malone.edu or cjoseph at malone.edu. If you’re interested in a
particular role(s), please let us know. We’ll follow up to arrange an
audition time (live or virtually, depending on availability) in which we’ll
ask you to perform a memorized monologue, poem, or story OR you may ask for
something from the script, which we’ll provide. OPTIONAL ADDITION: Sing a
short song, a cappella. If you play an instrument that is portable, you can
bring it to the audition and share a short tune (with or without singing).