[NEohioPAL] UPDATE: Remembering Stephen Sondheim, 1930-2021 with ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM: COMPANY at the Cinematheque!

Genevieve Schwartz gbschwartz at cia.edu
Thu Feb 3 08:16:42 PST 2022

FYI:  Our Thursday screening has been canceled due to weather.

ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM: COMPANY shows next week on Sunday, February 13, at 5:05 pm at the Cinematheque! Tickets are $10; $7 for CIA/CSU I.D. holders, Cinematheque members, and those age 25 & under. Proof of Covid vaccination, a photo ID, and a mask are required.

Sunday, February 13, at 5:05 pm

Stephen Sondheim, 1930-2021

ORIGINAL CAST ALBUM: COMPANY

USA, 1970, D.A. Pennebaker

Stephen Sondheim’s groundbreaking NYC musical Company opened on Broadway in 1970, cementing his genius for lyrics and music, and eventually winning six Tony Awards. This indispensable documentary by the great D.A. Pennebaker (Don’t Look Back) captures the marathon recording session of the show’s original cast album, as Sondheim works closely with the cast. The movie boasts great performances and gripping interpersonal drama; Elaine Stritch’s late-night stabs at “The Ladies Who Lunch” are unforgettable. DCP. 53 min.

Expanded Covid requirements: In 2022, all Cinematheque visitors are required to show proof of Covid vaccination and a photo ID upon entering CIA. This is in addition to having their temperature taken via a touchless device and wearing a mask for the duration of their visit. Learn more under the "Vaccination Requirement: Visitors to CIA" section at cia.edu/covid<https://www.cia.edu/about-us/safety-security/smart-return-to-school>. As a reminder, filmgoers can park for free in Lot 73 and should enter CIA via nearby Entrance C.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

See our film schedule for details. https://www.cia.edu/cinematheque/film-schedule/2022/02/original-cast-album-company

Thank you,
Genevieve Schwartz
Cinematheque Assistant Director