[NEohioPAL] Auditions: Male Actor for Millwood Outpost (Production Feb - Apr 2022)

Playwrights Local playwrightslocal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:47:51 PST 2022

AUDITION NOTICE

Seeking male actor, early 20s, any race/ethnicity, for final open role in
premiere production of new play

PLAYWRIGHTS LOCAL

www.playwrightslocal.org

Millwood Outpost

Written by Tom Hayes

Directed by Rachel Zake

Production Info:

Rehearsals: February 12 - March 17, 2022

Performances: March 18 - April 3, 2022

Location: Creative Space at Waterloo Arts, 397 East 156th Street,
Cleveland, OH 44110

Playwrights Local is casting for the premiere production of Millwood Outpost,
a new play by Cleveland-based author Tom Hayes. In this drama, six highway
workers are forced by stormy weather to share one room in an abandoned
Department of Transportation outpost. Over the course of several hours, the
men must confront their own fears, prejudices, and beliefs, and those of
each other, while elemental forces outside threaten them all. This
production will be directed by Rachel Zake, with rehearsals beginning on
February 12, 2022 and performances ending on April 3, 2022.

Auditions are available by appointment on evenings and weekends. If you’d
like to schedule a time, email your availability to
info at playwrightslocal.org.

All open roles are paid, professional positions compensated on the
non-Equity scale.

COVID Requirements

For the safety of all involved, participants in this production must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We ask that you bring proof of
vaccination to the auditions and follow any forthcoming guidelines for the
production in March/April 2022.

Open Roles

   -

   NICK (Early 20s, male, any race or ethnicity): College kid. Works
   summers at ODOT. Pretentious and impertinent. A know-it-all salesman type.

Location

Creative Space at Waterloo Arts, 397 East 156th Street, Cleveland, OH 44110

Company Contact

info at playwrightslocal.org | (216) 302-8850

Audition Activities

   -

   Perform prepared monologues
   -

   Read sides from the play
   -

   Possibly undertake light movement or direction

Notices

   -

   Participants will not be required to perform high-risk activities as
   part of the auditions
   -

   Participants will not be charged to audition
   -

   Auditions will not be recorded
   -

   Participants will be notified by the producer if they are called back
   but not cast
   -

   All potential participants can decline auditions without fear of losing
   future invitations

Production Notices

   -

   The play includes one stage altercation that will be blocked in the
   eventual production.

CLEan House

Playwrights Local is a CLEan House Theatre. This means we are committed to
being a space free of harassment based on sex, gender, race, religion,
class, ethnicity, nationality, political belief, or ability. We are
committed to being a safe environment that fully allows us to challenge
ourselves, our audiences, and our communities; that supports creative risks
of mind and body; and that establishes the freedom to create theatre that
represents the full range of human experience. Find info on this policy on
our website at http://www.playwrightslocal.org/clean-house-standards/.

About the Company

Playwrights Local <http://www.playwrightslocal.org/> is a theater company
based in Cleveland. Billed as a playwrights’ center, the organization’s
goal is to provide a home for dramatic writing in Northeast Ohio.
Playwrights Local offers classes and workshops, produces original plays,
provides networking opportunities, and engages the community through
outreach projects. Tax-deductible contributions to this 501(c)(3) group can
be made at http://playwrightslocal.org/donate/.

# # #