[NEohioPAL] DEDICATION CONCERT OF THE NEW STEINWAY GRAND PIANO AT OUR REDEEMER LUTHERAN CHURCH. A FREE Event!

Margaret Reardon margaret_reardon at att.net
Tue Mar 8 03:23:36 PST 2022

OUR REDEEMER LUTHERAN CHURCH

7196 SOM Center Road
Solon, OH  44139
Sunday March 13 at 3pm.

CONTACT:           Karen Prasser

                                Music Director

                                330.701.8513(cell)

                                klprasser at gmail.com

 There will be a joyful noise on Sunday, March 13 at 3:00 pm as Solon’s Our Redeemer LutheranChurch officially dedicates the new Steinway Grand Piano in the Sanctuary tothe Glory of God and in loving memory of Michaele Repak. This generous gift wasgiven by Michaele’s husband, Terry Repak. The Dedication and Concert is freeand open to the public. The audience is also invited to a ‘Meet the Artist’reception immediately following the concert hosted by Lutheran Women’sMissionary League (LWML).

                “I’m beyond thrilled and blessed to have thisincredible instrument to play each and every Sunday and throughout the week,”said Karen Prasser, Music Director of over 12 years. “Michaele Repak was veryactive in the church and played in the bell choir. Terry surprised me with thegrand piano (and I mean that in every sense of the word). The piano was therein the Sanctuary when I arrived for a rehearsal a couple of weeks ago. Icouldn’t believe my eyes! And he was there in a Steinway T-Shirt to takepictures of my reaction!”

                To celebrate the occasion, Pastor Jonathan Torresonwill do the official dedication followed by a concert that will include some ofNortheast Ohio’s best performers. To show the amazing versatility of theinstrument, Karen has invited her colleagues from Kent State University’s HughA. Glauser School of Music to be a part.

                Included in the concert is Timothy Culver, tenor.Timothy was a student of Michaele’s in the second through sixth grades. Tim isvery well known as a performer throughout the country, and he is honored to bea part of this celebration. Another incredible vocalist is Kishna Davis Fowler,soprano. Kishna made her professional debut in the role of Bess in “Porgy andBess” with New York City Opera – a role she has repeated many times over herillustrious career. Also performing is Ethan Miller, saxophone. He is arecording and performance artist and was one of 25 saxophone artists choseninternationally to compete in the Adolphe Sax Competition in Brussels. Allthree performers will be accompanied by Karen Prasser, Director of Music at OurRedeemer.

TheSteinway will be in its full glory as Andrew Le, Steinway Artist, christens theinstrument with solo piano repertoire. Dr. Le is a recording artist and abrilliant solo artist who will bring the incredible quality of this instrumentto its fullest potential.

                Should you plan to attend, a call to the office isrequested but not required. Our Redeemer Lutheran Church is located at 7196 SOMCenter Road in Solon, OH. Please call 440.248.4066 for more information.

                                                                                              #####