[NEohioPAL] Imposters Theater Announces May Improv & Comedy Writing Classes and Workshops!

Imposters Comedy imposterscomedy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:18:26 PDT 2022

*Imposters Theater Announcing May Classes & Workshops*
Hello, new friend - sign up for our email newsletter here
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=ec0854ed1a&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Please email us at imposterscomedy @gmail.com with any questions.

*Improv Level 1 with Ryan Santa*
Sundays 1-3pm Beginning 05/01
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=a96e261ac2&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This course is an introduction to long-form improvisation, based on the
style developed by The iO Theater and The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
We will start with a focus on the fundamentals - agreement, listening, and
support - as well as the thing that should come across in every scene: the
fun.

*Moving From Think to Ink: A Sitcom Writing Workshop*
Sunday 05/01 3:15-6:15pm $45
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=cb7b78d157&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Sitcom pilots are among the most-requested work samples when deciding
whether to represent or hire a comedy writer. Pilots are also requirement
for most TV fellowships and writing competitions. But without formal
screenwriting background pilot scripts are tough to navigate. *This
workshop will equip you with tools needed to get your ideas onto the
scripted page.*

*Try Improv! A Beginners Improv Workshop with Kim Pride*
Tuesday 05/10 6:30-8:30pm $30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=743f39eb67&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This is a welcoming, fun workshop for absolute beginners run by one of our
veteran performer/instructors. This workshop is for you! You’ll play improv
games and do some scenes with guidance and support from the instructor. No
experience necessary.

*Improv Level 2 with Michael Busch*
Tuesdays 7-9pm Beginning 05/17
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=d517da4318&e=8aeda9a7f9>
In this class we will focus on:
-Recognizing and playing the game of the scene organically
-Heightening through tag-outs and walk-ons
-Performing detailed, interesting monologue openings based on a suggestion
-Pulling information from monologues
-Constructing solid premise based initiations based on information from
monologues
-Getting your idea across to your scene partner

*Improv Level 3 with Michael Busch*
Thursdays 7-9pm Beginning 05/19
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=4be5bd9673&e=8aeda9a7f9>
This class focuses on:
-Group games/scenes
-Callbacks/second beats of scenes
-the Harold format

*Put Your Whole Self In: An Improv Workshop with Deena Nyer Mendlowitz*
Sunday 05/22 11am-1pm $30
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=45bdae60b2&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Put Your Whole Self In: Bringing all of who you are to the stage
In this workshop we will use exercises and dialogue to examine who we are
and how we can use that knowledge and understanding to make our scene work
richer, more authentic, more relaxed, and lots of fun.

*Sketch Writing Level 1 with Michael Busch*
Wednesdays 7-9pm Beginning 05/25
<https://imposterstheater.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2b317370dae21662848945ff0&id=e86904a22c&e=8aeda9a7f9>
Whether you’re looking to put together a sketch packet, level up your
TikTok comedy, perform live sketch comedy, or just have a fun collaborative
writing experience, this class is for you!
This class is for both experienced comedians and people just starting out -
as long as you have a desire to write your own material, you are welcome.
You will be required to write outside of class.