[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses Auditions (grades 5-8)

Harbaugh, Jill JHarbaugh at clevelandorchestra.com
Tue Apr 19 12:59:36 PDT 2022

The Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses invite rising 5th through 8th grade students to join us for auditions this May!
Children's Chorus performance highlights with The Cleveland Orchestra will include Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (full movie) at Blossom in July, El Niño, conducted by the composer John Adams in November, and December Holiday concerts at Severance Music Center! Both the Children's Chorus and Preparatory Children's Chorus perform in community concerts throughout the season.
ELIGIBILITY: The Cleveland Orchestra Children's Choruses are open to students entering grades 5-8 in the fall of 2022.  All boys must have unchanged treble voices.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS:
* A song of your choosing (any favorite song, or even "Happy Birthday" - don't stress over this!)
* Sight read a simple melodic line and rhythmic exercise
* Short exercises to assess a variety of vocal production skills
Auditioning is an exciting experience that we do not want auditionees to stress over! Our directors are welcoming and will do their best to make your child feel comfortable. We also have materials available to help students become more comfortable with the process on our website www.cocc.cochorus.com<http://www.cocc.cochorus.com>.
SOLO OPPORTUNITY!
One member of the Children's Chorus will also be selected as a soloist for Fellowship of the Ring. Auditionees should prepare two provided excerpts from the movie, which can be found under the "Prepare for your audition" section of the website (under the AUDITIONS tab). When scheduling your audition please be sure to select "Solo auditions for Fellowship of the Ring" to add 10 minutes to your audition time. All solo auditionees must be available June 1st for call backs.
AUDITION DATES
Auditions are by appointment only and will take place on Sunday, May 1, Thursday, May 12, and Saturday, May 14, in the Beachwood area. Parents can learn more and reserve a time slot by visiting www.cocc.cochorus.com<http://www.cocc.cochorus.com>
Please reach out to Maya Curtis, Manager of Youth Choruses, with any questions at mcurtis at clevelandorchestra.com<mailto:mcurtis at clevelandorchestra.com> or visit our website www.cocc.cochorus.com<http://www.cocc.cochorus.com> for more information.