[NEohioPAL] Hiring: Teaching Artists - Dancing Classrooms

Jo Jo Carcioppolo jojo at DancingClassroomsNEO.org
Wed Jun 8 06:51:29 PDT 2022

Dancing Classrooms Northeast Ohio
Accepting credentials for 2022 - 2023 Teaching Artists

The Dancing Classrooms program is a ten-week, twenty-session social development program that uses ballroom dancing as its "tool" for getting children to break down social barriers, learn about respect, treat others carefully, improve self-confidence, communicate, cooperate, and accept others even if they are different. Dancing Classrooms is not about teaching ballroom dancing. Our mission is to build social awareness, confidence, and self-esteem in children through the practice of social dance.

We are currently seeking Teaching Artists who have:

  *   The belief that every child can learn and excel, regardless of shape, size, family situation, or ethnic background
  *   A passion for dance and creative expression that is easily communicated to, and contagious among, children
  *   Self-confidence in his/her dance and artistic abilities
  *   High expectations for what every child can achieve through the program
  *   An ability to express themself verbally in such a way that deserves attention
  *   An understanding of children's classroom dynamics and how to manage behavior
  *   Flexibility and a good sense of humor

Dancing Classrooms Teaching Artists are: actors, dancers, and individuals who can move with rhythm; have excellent interpersonal skills; enjoy working with children; are able to work in person in school classrooms; have a generous spirit; a sense of humor, and willingness to travel throughout Northeast Ohio.

You will be fingerprinted with the state of Ohio upon employment. Teaching Artists are paid on an hourly basis as seasonal, part-time employees.  Employment is during the school year, on school days, between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:00pm. Teaching Artists are seasonal part-time employees that are paid on an hourly basis ($30/hour).

Requirements: Make a solid commitment to a sequential ten-week residency two days per week in person at a school(s) during the hours of 7:30am and 4:00pm.

Applicants must be available to attend training.

Training dates will be July 25 - 29, 2022 (Monday - Friday) from 8:00am - 3:00pm and August 12, 2022 (Time TBD based on candidates availability).
Training commitment is non-negotiable, please do not apply if you're unable to commit to attending training.

  *   Following a successful "test out" on Friday, July 29th, 2021, you will receive $500 on the next pay cycle.
  *   Upon the completion of your first 20-session residency, you will receive a final $500 on the next occurring pay cycle.

Send credentials: Email: JoJo at DCNEO.org<mailto:JoJo at DCNEO.org>

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We sincerely appreciate your submission. We will contact you to meet if we believe you are a good match for our team.

*Please note that we continue to have COVID adaptations in place for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. Students will be "connected" at a distance. We are following all guidelines set by the state and each individual school district we work with.

Dance with us online: Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/DCNEO>, Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/DCNEO>, YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/DancingClassroomsNEO>, LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/jojocarcioppolo/>