[NEohioPAL] Beck Center for the Arts summer theater camps and classes at STARTING NEXT WEEK!

Sarah Clare sclare at beckcenter.org
Wed Jun 8 07:34:04 PDT 2022

Beck Center for the Arts' Theater Department kicks off our summer session of theater camps on Monday, June 13! We've got camps for ages 7-19, including focuses in improv, acting and musical theater. In addition, our adult acting classes start the week of June 13.

Do not miss out!  You can register online or check out other upcoming summer camps at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>, by phone at 216.521.2540 x10 or by stopping by in person to Beck Center for the Arts.

Theater Camps and Classes Starting Next Week:

Improv Camp: Beck Improv Camp (Ages 13-19)
Headed by a founding member of "Something Dada," Russ Stich, this camp is great for both new students of improv as well as veteran performers. Students explore the basic concepts of improvisational theater with an emphasis on the theatrical, and audience interaction aspects. This two-week workshop focuses on creating a completely improvised performance based on suggestions from a live audience. It's a guaranteed comedy blast! Live performances will take place June 24 & 25 at 7:30 PM. Students are required to participate in both performances. Tuition does not include admission to performances. Ticketing information will be made available the first day of camp.
#9004 Mon-Fri; 5:30-8:30 PM; 6/13-6/24; 2 weeks; $225; MCAT Bldg - Recital Hall; Instructor: Stich, Russel

Adult Acting: The Basics (Ages 18-Up)
Classical and contemporary techniques are explored in polishing craft along with keys to unlocking scripts and bringing them from the page to the stage. All experiences welcomed. Audition pieces conquered.
#9068 Monday 6:00 PM-8:00 PM; 6/13-7/25; $120; MAIN Studio A; Instructor: Demanelis, Carolyn

Additional Theater Camp Offerings-
Junior Theater Camp (Ages 7-12)
Our Junior Theater Camp is designed for all students, whether or not they have prior performance experience. Campers are broken into smaller groups based on age and work with theater professionals, learning about acting, singing, and dancing while rehearsing their own original show.
Session 2 #9007 Mon-Fri; 9:30-11:30 AM; 7/25-8/12; 3 weeks; $280; Main Building; Instructor: Theater Faculty

Acting Camp (Ages 13-19)
Step into the spotlight in this fun and lively theater camp, headed by Russ Stich, is for students interested in developing their performance skills. Focusing primarily on the comedic, students sharpen their stage abilities while rehearsing together as an ensemble to create a production that is sure to entertain.
#9003 Mon-Fri; 1:00-5:00 PM; 7/5-7/22; 3 weeks; $385; Main Building - Studio Theater; Instructor: Stich, Russel

Musical Theater Camp (Ages 13-19)
This musical theater camp is for students who are serious and passionate about performing musical theater. Participants work with a director, musical director, and choreographer as a dedicated team to pull together an original musical revue: The Best of Broadway. Songs and material are selected specifically for the students involved, creating a totally unique experience. If you love musicals, you'll love this camp.
#9005 Mon-Fri; 12:00-4:00 PM; 3 weeks; 7/25-8/12; $385; Main Building - Studio Theater; Instructor: Theater Faculty

* * * * *

Learn more about us at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>  - Beck Center for the Arts is more than a non-profit organization that combines professional theater with arts education. We create art experiences. We are committed to creating an arts experience that is as individual as the people we serve with eclectic performances to suit many tastes, education opportunities for all ages and abilities, community outreach and free exhibitions.