[NEohioPAL] FREE Staged Reading of India Nicole Burton's "THE LIGHT POST"

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Mon Jun 13 20:50:40 PDT 2022

*Ensemble Theatre presents a staged reading of "THE LIGHT POST", a new play
by India Nicole Burton. Directed by Jeannine Gaskin. *

Featuring the talents of some amazing local Cleveland actors ::
*Sydney Smith* *(Randi McClain)*, *Greg White* *(Kevin 'Pops' McCLain)*, *Drew
Pope **(Steven 'Steely' McClain)*, *Samantha Cocco* *(Sarah
Brantley)*, & *Tyler
Whidden* *(Bradley Brantley)*.

*“The Light Post" *follows the story of the McClain family, through the
vantage point of Randi McClain, a lesbian Black woman, who is questioning
her identity as a Queer, Black woman in the world and her relationships
with predominately white women. At the same time, she is dealing with the
patriarch of the family, Kevin McClain, who is losing his mind and the
family bar, in an attempt to get him to sell his bar to white business
owners. Mr. McClain can not seem to part ways with the bar primarily
because he believes the spirit of his dead grandson (Cecile), who was
murdered by police, lives in the jukebox he inherited from his father.
Things start to climax when a mysterious woman wanders into The Light Post
, on the night of one of the biggest snowstorms in Riverdale Michigan’s
history.”

When :: *Saturday June 18th @7pm at Notre Dame College* :: Regina
Auditorium :: 1857 S Green Rd. :: South Euclid, OH 44121
*This reading is FREE to the public but donations are always welcome! *
Visit  <goog_285523834>www.ensembletheatrecle.org/the-light-post for more
information!
Reading Run Time :: Approximately 2 Hours. :: There will be one 10 minute
intermission!

*Please email tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <tickets at ensemble-theatre.org>
to reserve a spot if you are able*!
Include your first and last name and the number of "seats" you need. You
will receive an email to confirmation.

*PLEASE NOTE: We will follow CDC recommended Covid-19 protocols. *
*Masks will be required. KN94 masks will be provided if needed. Sanitizing
stations are throughout the auditorium lobby.
*All Ensemble staff and performers have been fully vaccinated.

This is the fourth reading in a series of staged readings of new works
coming from Ensemble Theatre's Stagewrights Unit that have been presented
as part of our 21/22 "season" offerings. The development of new work for
the American stage is a significant part of our mission! Be a part of the
new play process!!

We are getting ready to announce our 22/23 season very shortly so stay
tuned! We are excited to be back!!
In the meantime please join us for this presentation of new work by local
artists! Stay safe, stay healthy and we will see you soon!

--
*Information*
info at ensemble-theatre.org :: 216-321-2930

*www.ensembletheatrecle.org <http://www.ensembletheatrecle.org>*